• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is the biggest flaw in your golf game?????

monzter

Aug 7, 2008
Tee box....I'm a hacker, have been playing for about 3 years now and was down to a low 90's when playing once a week last year. Now that I get out only once or twice a month, getting off the tee is my biggest problem.

I can shoot 95-105 if the driver is in the bag, but will always score 90-95 if I leave the driver at home. If I could figure out how to hit it straight off the tee i'd shoot in the high 80's all the time.

Once i'm off the tee, i'm decent with the irons, a little better around the green, and am usually b/w 29-32 putts a round on average.

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
Tee box....I'm a hacker, have been playing for about 3 years now and was down to a low 90's when playing once a week last year. Now that I get out only once or twice a month, getting off the tee is my biggest problem.

I can shoot 95-105 if the driver is in the bag, but will always score 90-95 if I leave the driver at home. If I could figure out how to hit it straight off the tee i'd shoot in the high 80's all the time.

Once i'm off the tee, i'm decent with the irons, a little better around the green, and am usually b/w 29-32 putts a round on average.
You and me both.
When I leave the driver at home and use a 2 hybrid or 5 wood to tee off with I do a lot better.
Better to hit 180-200 down the middle than 240 into the trees.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Not enough birdies (I know you're all thinking this too).

But with the amount of fairways I'm hitting right now, my GIR is not showing the results of that. And if I am hitting the greens I'm not hitting it close enough consistently enough to easily make the three or four birdies a round I should (and need) to be making.

Plus I have a mental block on birdie putts. Give me a 10 footer for par and I'll make it 6/10 times. Change that to a birdie putt and I'll make it maybe twice. Can't figure out what difference it makes but something is awry there...

brentski

May 23, 2012
pinellas park florida
Not enough birdies (I know you're all thinking this too).

But with the amount of fairways I'm hitting right now, my GIR is not showing the results of that. And if I am hitting the greens I'm not hitting it close enough consistently enough to easily make the three or four birdies a round I should (and need) to be making.

Plus I have a mental block on birdie putts. Give me a 10 footer for par and I'll make it 6/10 times. Change that to a birdie putt and I'll make it maybe twice. Can't figure out what difference it makes but something is awry there...
no doubt couldnt have said it better!

brentski

May 23, 2012
pinellas park florida
Pulled short putts that I think I've fixed by moving the ball back in my putting stance. I suck on fast greens also, bought a lighter putter and a putting mat to practice on. Tee balls always a mystery until about the 4th hole....I'll work on that for the entire season in hopes I can figure it out, which I never do.
funny you should mention not getting it going until 4 or 5,i do the same thing regardless if i am warmed up or not!:mad:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Without a doubt the mental game. I keep having great front nines & bad back nines. I'm trying everything not to think about the wrong things when I turn the corner for home.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
something that has helped me a lot not to add up my score at the halfway house. play 18 and add up with a cold beer!!

makes the score much better, no stress that one has played a 48 on the front 9 and now the stress start on the back 9 to keep it low for second nine.

played 18 yesterday, first nine 44 and second nine 43! cold beer to celebrate with....;)

well that works for me,

my 2 putts worth...:D

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
The biggest flaw in my game is that I start hooking the ball when I'm under pressure.

Throw me into a tournament on a course where every hole is a dogleg right with all the pins on the right and I wouldn't be able to break 100.

It's something that I'm aware of, but no matter how hard I try, I cannot hit a fade when the tension is on. I turn into the king of the double cross.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The biggest flaw in my game is that I start hooking the ball when I'm under pressure. ...

That's a classic error that many golfers make AG. When things get tense, golfers stop their shoulder turn & then the arms take over. When the pressure is on, the shoulders stop turning. Nick Faldo talks about it a lot.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
That's a classic error that many golfers make AG. When things get tense, golfers stop their shoulder turn & then the arms take over. When the pressure is on, the shoulders stop turning. Nick Faldo talks about it a lot.

Thanks TTR. That's something that I'll definitely take a look at.

That has haunted me for a long time.

Unrepentant 60s kid

Aug 30, 2012
I wish that I had just one shot that went regularly astray.

I could practice that.

But any of my shots are subject to being mis-hit.

It's called, "Not being a world-class athlete."

Few of us recreational players are.

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
I have plenty of flaws. Plenty. But if there's one thing I absolutely suck at, it's hitting hybrids.

🔥 Latest posts