• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What shaft

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
do you play in your driver and if you like it why?

I'll start. I've got a Speeder 565 stiff in my Cally Alpha 815 and it seems like a decent shaft. The club is not forgiving and don't know if that shaft contributes to that. I've like the Diamana Blue Board 60 stiff in the past and the Project X stiff seemed good.

I know R35 has his favorite but if I remember it's big bucks.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The shaft in this R15 TP is a Speeder 661 Evolution Tour Spec. The driver that I used the longest time ever was a Titleist 983K with a 'made for' Speeder. Seems like the shafts that I have gotten along with best have all been Fuji's, especially the Speeder version.

My gosh-awful driver swing... looks like Rosie O'Donnell trying to operate a hula hoop while shaving... needs something with a fairly stiff tip. Otherwise, the shaft won't stay with my looping swing. The Speeders seem to stay with me through the swing.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I still play a Proforce V2 Regular Shaft cut from the tip to 44in to stiffen it up. I've had good results with the Proto by You and the First "made for Titleist" VooDoo stiff (since its a "made for" it plays between a stiff and a regular really), but always came back to the old V2 until I decided I was not going to play with the shaft exchange anymore.

It's funny because the only reason I played the shaft when I bought it was because it was the cheapest after market shaft I could find, and I had just started playing golf but the Ho Bug had already bit me (but my wallet was quite narrow) Now I have two or three of those to test on new heads, so I can keep the original in my original driver...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Thanks limp. At least I got one response.
WBL, as you can see from my signature, my woods and hybrids all have the House of Forged Patriot.

All were inserted at the recommendation of my fitter. They are made by Matrix for HOF. My fitter swears by them. He says there is very little twisting when under load and they produce a penetrating flight.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Whatever the hell Adams stuck in the Blue driver. 55g is all I know about it. I like it because the club performs well - like when I make a good swing, I get a good shot as a result. But then again, that happens with any old $10 shaft I have used. Don't fall for the hype, Jerry - we're not that good. ;)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I think I have a Accuflex ICON V.2 in my GEEK DCT 9º. I'm actually thinking about buying another combo exactly like this or very close because I love this driver. I don't get as much distance with it, but my accuracy is way better than with previous drivers.

I like it because this is the only driver I seem to be able to go really go after the ball and not get too wild with the ball flight. Flight is lower and more penetrating. I have had a problem with previous drivers ballooning pretty bad on me. This driver is quite a bit shorter than my previous ones though, so that might have a lot to do with it too.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The few graphite shafts I've used in the past 5 years include the stock Speeder in the 983K, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 and Proforce 65 Gold, and the AXE Excalibur Tour. I've liked them all.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
What's the one you see on tour a lot (orange & white or yellow & white mostly) with the stripes. Graphite Design tour AD or something like that. Big dollar shafts. Anyone use those?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
What's the one you see on tour a lot (orange & white or yellow & white mostly) with the stripes. Graphite Design tour AD or something like that. Big dollar shafts. Anyone use those?

I know the shafts you're talking about. I've got less money in my whole bag.

Yep, big dollar shafts. My teaching pro's young pro has one in his 3 wood. He muttered something to me about it being an $800 shaft.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I've had a few Graphite Design shafts over the years. The most recent were "made for" GD's in some TEE woods. Just never developed a real feeling for them that made me want to go spend the $$$$$$ for a "real" one.

I have a "made for" Diamana in my 913 Titleist driver. If the R15 ever upchucks, that's my backup. It seems like a good shaft, but takes a lot more work than the Speeder does for me to keep it somewhere near the fairway. Have tried some Diamana shafts along the way and, again, never fell in love with them.

As you know, had the Project X shafts in the Bio Cells. Couldn't get used to those. Just seems the Speeders feel like "old friends" and will probably finish my playing days trying to bag drivers with some rendition of those.

🔥 Latest posts