• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would you get

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
If you came into some $? Golf equipment. I am going to be getting a little bit of $ from my pops and I'm thinkin I may take my once in a lifetime chance to get whatever I want. Its going to be a little bit of time so I have a while to think about it. Hmmm, what to get...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Lessons.

I'd go to an all inclusive golf school. This is coming from a guy who easily shoots in the 90's and am real happy in the 80's but haven't had the time to really practice or work at my game. I'd like video analysis if my swing with a copy I can take home with pointers to help my biggest flaws so I can go back to them again if needed.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
If you came into some $? Golf equipment. I am going to be getting a little bit of $ from my pops and I'm thinkin I may take my once in a lifetime chance to get whatever I want. Its going to be a little bit of time so I have a while to think about it. Hmmm, what to get...
Get a mitchell club bender and putter bender.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Lessons.

I'd go to an all inclusive golf school. This is coming from a guy who easily shoots in the 90's and am real happy in the 80's but haven't had the time to really practice or work at my game. I'd like video analysis if my swing with a copy I can take home with pointers to help my biggest flaws so I can go back to them again if needed.
I agree with Jim but I'd also get a custom fitting from [insert company of your choice here] like the full enchilada. That way you know your swinging sticks that were built specifically for you.

Ping WRX
Wishon
Scratch
Etc

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I agree with Jim but I'd also get a custom fitting from [insert company of your choice here] like the full enchilada. That way you know your swinging sticks that were built specifically for you.

Ping WRX
Wishon
Scratch
Etc
I guess I assumed that went without saying for this bunch! :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Golf equipment wants and needs change. Technology changes. How many clubs do each of us have in our bag for 5 years... 10 years? So, to spend money on something "nice" that you plan to keep a long, long time... chances are you won't. You will come to a point when whatever item you purchase is outdated... or just isn't working for you. You don't want to sell it because of the sentimental value. What good does it do, sitting in the corner.
Were I to come into some dollars that I really wanted to use for a "memory"... something I could treasure for the rest of my days... I'd probably use the money to go/do something special. Go play Pebble Beach. Take a golf trip to Scotland and play some old courses. Do something with the money that technology and the "ho instinct" can't ever take away.

Just an old man's opinon.....

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Solid point limp! To build off of that, old courses AND lessons AND custom fitting AND new sticks would be perfect!!!

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I was kinda talkin bout clubs. Lessons is something I could probably do anytime if I wanted. As far as playing somewhere awesome, its possible. I'll definitely put some dough away for next years Shottalk Tennessee stay & play. I will be getting some new equip though. I need a new bag, as in the actual bag. As far as clubs, there are a few out there I would've always loved to have if they weren't so expensive. FG Tour V2's are on the list of possible. Cleveland 588 mb, cb, or combo there of. Nike VR Pro blades or combo. Titty mb, cb, or combo. Even TM's 2014 Tour Preferred line is really nice and y'all know I'm not usually a TM fan. Just don't know...

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
It depends on how much you're getting and how much you want to indulge. If you're wanting new irons I'd go to the best fitter you can find and get the irons you really want with the optimum shaft for you. If you really like your new driver maybe get a shaft fitting and see if you can squeeze a little more out of what you already like.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I don't honestly know how much i'll be getting. I mainly want irons. I love irons. Ya never know once I hit the store though...

🔥 Latest posts