• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would you get

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
And the winner is...(drum roll) Titleist 714 cb w/ DG s300's. Pics and story on how the hell that happened in a bit.
400+ posts on an internet discussion board to decide to buy a set he hasn't even talked about considering??!!?? Can't wait to hear this story!!!!! :)

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
So I detour over to Golfsmith after work to have another go-round with some Mizunos and rack my brain some more. I go over to the pre-owned, which you can hit with no tape, and what do I see but some 714 cb's. Not a mark on them, I don't know how they ended up in pre-owned. They're marked at $769. I think to myself "you gotta be shittin me, AG was just sayin..." So I grab a 7i and 4i and a mp63 6i and head over to their hitting area.

I'll pause the story right here to say that in my mind I see Tittys and Mizzys in the same light, the top of the line every golfer wants to own a set at some point kind of clubs. I've hit the Titty mb's and cb's before, and like I said to AG the other day the feel wasn't any better than Mizzy to me, but not bad either. I've known that the head shapes were great, but they never made my radar because of price. Somehow I got pretty stuck on the V2's I had seen for years and The Nikes & Mizuno's because I found brand new ones on ebay for a good price.

Anyways... I was digging the Tittys at least as much as the Mizunos and i'm thinkin "friggin AG was on to something". And since the whole set was there to be hit with no tape I did just that. I couldn't find a flaw. I could see them in my bag for years to come. It was that ah ha moment Greg was talking about. I was ready to buy right then, but I asked the one cool guy there who has given me awesome trade ins a couple of times if there was any haggle room on them. He says, "let me see what I can do"...... boop beep beep on the puter and he says, "with the Father's Day sale they're $100 off". End of story.

When I post pics, if you can see a mark on them it's from me hitting them in their hitting area or the drive home. I couldn't be happier. Something kept telling me not to pull the trigger on those Mizzys or Wilsons so fast.

Last edited:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
So I detour over to Golfsmith after work to have another go-round with some Mizunos and rack my brain some more. I go over to the pre-owned, which you can hit with no tape, and what do I see but some 714 cb's. Not a mark on them, I don't know how they ended up in pre-owned. They're marked at $769. I think to myself "you gotta be shittin me, AG was just sayin..." So I grab a 7i and 4i and a mp63 6i and head over to their hitting area.

I'll pause the story right here to say that in my mind I see Tittys and Mizzys in the same light, the top of the line every golfer wants to own a set at some point kind of clubs. I've hit the Titty mb's and cb's before, and like I said to AG the other day the feel wasn't any better than Mizzy to me, but not bad either. I've known that the head shapes were great, but they never made my radar because of price. Somehow I got pretty stuck on the V2's I had seen for years and The Nikes & Mizuno's because I found brand new ones on ebay for a good price.

Anyways... I was digging the Tittys at least as much as the Mizunos and i'm thinkin "friggin AG was on to something". And since the whole set was there to be hit with no tape I did just that. I couldn't find a flaw. I could see them in my bag for years to come. It was that ah ha moment Greg was talking about. I was ready to buy right then, but I asked the one cool guy there who has given me awesome trade ins a couple of times if there was any haggle room on them. He says "let me see what I can do"...... boop beep beep on the puter and he says "with the Father's Day sale they're $100 off". End of story.

When I post pics, if you can see a mark on them it's from me hitting them in their hitting area or the drive home. I couldn't be happier. Something kept telling me not to pull the trigger on those Mizzys or Wilsons so fast.
Seriously? 410 posts later and you bought Titleist? Somehow you owe me money...or a beer. :D

Glad you found clubs you like! I hope they serve you well for years!

Now post pics!!

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Seriously? 410 posts later and you bought Titleist? Somehow you owe me money...or a beer. :D

Glad you found clubs you like! I hope they serve you well for years!

Now post pics!!
If we ever meet at least a couple beers are on me. I'm having a couple celebratory Coronas right now! Pics later when I have more time.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm expecting another thread to start after your first round with them...

And the process can start all over again :)
Just make sure it takes longer than 400 odd posts next time.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Oh yeah, while the guy was doing his thing on the computer there was a teenager with his dad(grandpa?) looking at them. I had already said "ring em up" and we walked back to grab the rest of the set (he brought the 3i with the price tag up to the desk). They just stood there and looked with a disappointed look on their face. I pulled the trigger at just the right moment. I have ZERO regrets. I've let things get away from me in the past only to be disappointed. I didn't do it for that reason, as I didn't even know till we went to grab the rest of the set, but for once I was more than sure about something and it worked for me.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I'm expecting another thread to start after your first round with them...

And the process can start all over again :)
Just make sure it takes longer than 400 odd posts next time.
Damn, ya'll are impatient. For once I didn't ho something sight unseen and i'm getting passive aggressively chastised for it.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Hey nut, what do you think of these?

wilson-fg-tour-v2-2.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.