• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What'd You Shoot Today?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Too hot to play today, really wanted to hit the course but my cutoff is 90º & it's 91-92 today. Took my 6 yr old grandson to the driving range & then to the Dane countu fair instead. He loves going to the range.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Played Bethpage Green yesterday. It was about 90* when we tee'd off but the wind picked up and by the back nine, the breeze was good.

Shot an all time low, 90. Very happy with the score.

The reason for my success was good driving off the tee and short game was on.

mwgolf

Jul 21, 2008
I shot a 443544543 - 36 554534444 - 38 74 at deacons lodge today. im a 4.2 index so it was a good round. 8 fairways 30 putts 12 greens. Im gonna be on the pga tour someday!!! i really hope i will

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Had what I would term the best day ever so far. Played 9 after work & didn't start out so well with a double, followed that with bogey on the next 2 holes, so after 3 I am sitting at +4. Par the rest of the holes for a nice tidy 40. Only hit 3 fairways but had G.I.R on 5 of the last 6 holes & the one I missed I chipped to with 1' of the pin to save par.

Last hole is a dogleg left & if you have the distance you can carry the trees & really shorten the par 5 up a bit. Best I have ever done was clearing the trees & sitting about 190 yds out. Today I absolutely hammered the TP driver & was sitting real pretty 160 yds out. I'm thinking I have a real shot at eagle but pulled the approach shot just to the left of the green, chipped on & then of course 2 putted.

I am really liking this driver a lot, but am looking forward to getting the Burner built by Zaphod. BTW Zaph, I am using your tip on "paperback" when hitting the irons & it's paying off. Still screw up a few but by & large it's a huge improvement, thanks for the tip.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Good times, bad times...

You know I've had my share.

Yesterday was golf in name only. A miserablow 104 that could have easily been a 110, if not for some decent putting (31 putts, many from long range.) Swing felt tense and out of sync all day. Chunky divots, slices, etc. Not a fun day.

Today I go out and it's a brand new day. Shot a nice little 40 on the front nine, and ended up with a decent 85 (after tripling a par 3.)

I could tell you that I figured out some magic key to my swing overnight, but the fact is that I just had a good day. I will say that by concentrating on my grip pressure ("don't crush the canary") I was able to feel a much more in-tempo swing.

This is a very strange game, isn't it?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
48 today, driving & irons were working well, putting feel off a bit & had a couple of 3 putts. At least I beat my 2 co-workers though:) One had a 53 the other a 57.

Lost the headcover from my putter & don't know how. Took it off, set it on my bag since we walked, & when I came back to my bag it was gone. Maybe a squirrel stole it?

Had 1 drive in particular that worked out well, it's a downslope hole & there are 2 ridges, if you can catch the 2nd ridge the ball will roll & you can easily end up with 340-350 total net yards. I only caught the 1st ridge which requires a carry of 230+ yds, I ended up netting just over 285 yds.

DrivetheGreen66

College Golfer
Jun 29, 2008
Played in a Captain's Choice tournament today for charity and my team shot 56 to finish T-3. My team was not really good at all but we did manage to hit it around and have fun just didn't make any putts. On my own ball I would have probably shot around six or seven under. Driver was great for a change. Didn't miss an iron shot. Short game was a little rocky but still made a couple key putts. I think i may have had 2 bad swings all day and we still played the ball. Overall it was a FUN day

RCI

Jul 26, 2008
73 and missed a short putt on the 18th to bogie. That always drives me crazy... but there is always next time.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
73 and missed a shot putt on the 18th to bogie. That always drives me crazy... but there is always next time.

For once I did the opposite.

I play in this modified stableford big bet shoot out where you have to make a certain number of points based on your points average. You get 8 for eagle, 4 for birdie, 2 for par and one for bogey. (I know that its somewhat off from the way most people do it but hey, I didn't make it this way).

Anyhow, I had to get 31 points (a score of 77 with no birdies) and played terrible on the front and shot 42 getting only twelve points. I turned it around on the back shooting 36 with two birdies one of which was on the 18th and I got 20 points on the back to come in + 1 in points for the day.

I was pleased with the fact that I didn't wilt but played strong on the back. 18 is our number 1 handicap hole so many a good score has been wrecked by a double on that hole.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
I shot glances at Rednecks at the Brickyard 400 at the Indianpolis Motor Speedway. I will say that the scenery of the female variety is much better at the NASCAR event at Indy than the Indy 500.

So, all I shot today was glances.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Shot a 42 on the front 9 today even though my driver wasn't working that well. Maybe the fact i was teaching a freind the game, telling him what to do helped me remember myself but I was hitting my irons great. Putting was working too, I love the roll the Circa 62 puts on the ball. By the back 9 the temp had risen to 99 with 75% humidity and I started fading fast towards the end. Shot a 48 on the back side for a 90, but after the 102 I shot on Saturday in my tournament, I'll take 90.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Shot an 85 today--41 & 44. The driver started out pretty good today. . .my approach shots and wedges are pretty darn good right now, but I tend to have 1 or 2 blow up holes. Had a birdie on the 10th par 5. And saved a par with my Rife putter from 20+ feet. Not a bad day. Once I work out the freakin' driver, I will hopefully break 80 once or twice before the end of the year.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.