• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What'd You Shoot Today?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
For once I did the opposite.

I play in this modified stableford big bet shoot out where you have to make a certain number of points based on your points average. You get 8 for eagle, 4 for birdie, 2 for par and one for bogey. (I know that its somewhat off from the way most people do it but hey, I didn't make it this way).

Anyhow, I had to get 31 points (a score of 77 with no birdies) and played terrible on the front and shot 42 getting only twelve points. I turned it around on the back shooting 36 with two birdies one of which was on the 18th and I got 20 points on the back to come in + 1 in points for the day.

I was pleased with the fact that I didn't wilt but played strong on the back. 18 is our number 1 handicap hole so many a good score has been wrecked by a double on that hole.
That's a good score, GW. It's always nice to shoot decent on the front, and then ramp it up on the back.

We play the same modified Stableford, except you get 0 points for a double, and -1 for a triple or worse.

RCI

Jul 26, 2008
Good day today... 68, Par was 71, 6977 yds, slope 134. Probably won't see another good score for awhile. I usually follow good days with "less than good" days -- like some type of law of nature.

Edit: Oops... forgot, we played the men's tees today (not the blacks) so the yardage was really 6516. The difference on this course is the par 3s are easier from the regular tees, but many of the other holes start to have restricted landing areas. I actually think most of the holes are better from the tips on this course -- fewer narrow landing areas.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
Since starting in May of this year......

I have yet to be "able" to legitimatly score 18 holes...if you can understand how that comes about :)

OTH, last Sunday at Firewheel in Garland, I managed:
1 par on a par 4.
2 holes, on the Green in 2 strokes, par 4's. followed by numerous putts. hehe

it was the 18th Hole, where it all blew up, and I could not "take" a score.... 2 sliced drives, OOB in water. followed by 2 drives, Hooked OOB into the woods. I guess I should have taken a drop on the first OOB drive.
the score would have been really really high in any case!

I also pulled a hamstring? in my right thigh the friday before,at the driving range so i was hurting a bit. well at least I found out how wide NOT to make my stance.

boomit324

GO BAMA
May 9, 2008
Played Tour 18 in Humble today shot 35-33=68..pretty happy with that :)..did it playing new clubs and after not playing for almost 3 weeks because i had to order the driver from Titleist.

RCI

Jul 26, 2008
I am a bit embarassed to share this post, but personally, I am excited right now. Golf is really fun when it is going well.

I hope whatever is happening keeps it up... after the 68 Monday, no golf Tuesday, today (Wednesday) was a easy 67. That shocks me because it has been a good while since I had back to back rounds in the sixties. I expected a much tougher day -- I'm not sure where the consistency is coming from. Realize, a couple of weeks ago, I struggled to shot 82. Whoever said golf is a mental game was on target. I don't want my bubble to pop -- but I know it will. It is a frustrating game waiting to bite you if you think you are on to something.

mwgolf

Jul 21, 2008
Truly one of the oddest rounds ive ever had. I shot 71 with 4 fairways, 7 greens and 25 putts lol. I remember 8 up and downs. Just goes to show that short games really all it comes down to.

PS. i still dont know how this thread is not sticky lol

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
42 front 41 back, course is 6100 yds & 116 slope so it's not all that difficult. Played around with both drivers today & hit 11 out of 14. 8 of 10 with the TP & 3 of 4 with the Burner. Had 5 G.I.Rs which isn't all that great for 18 holes. 34 putts was ok but about 3-4 more than I would have liked. 7 pars & no birdies, 6 birdie attempts but couldn't seal the deal.

astayton

Jul 22, 2008
Worse Day of Golf Ever

I play Fox Creek in Edwardsville, IL. I shot a whopping 105. For some reason I couldn't stay away from the water or the trees.

shanemc13

Sep 19, 2006
I'm with ya there, I shot a 92. It seemed like I was behind every tree on the course. :(

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Stuck on 77 at the moment. I have shot it three times so far this week.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played nine holes today and was 3 over going into the last two holes (par fives). Blew up on those (bad 3-wood and chips). NO 3-putts. Four one putts (3 over 15 feet). 14 putts total again for a 42. Life is good. :D

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Stuck on 77 at the moment. I have shot it three times so far this week.

Broke the monotony today with a smooth 83. :mad: I guess I should know better than to test out a different driver on the course when I have an actual round to play instead of just practicing.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Played a course with my son up at Ole Miss. Mallard Pointe, beautiful course with tons of elevation changes, something rare here in Mississippi. I wasn't getting much distance with my driver today and couldn't putt for squat. I was barely missing them though so maybe there is hope. Luckily my irons were spot on today though. I shot a 46 to my sons 47 on the front and we both shot a 47 on the back. So I won with a 93 to his 94. I was fading fast on the back nine in spite of drinking a lot of water and Powerade. The temp was 99 with no breeze and a heat index of 116. I love golf, but that's just too fecking hot!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.