1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What'd You Shoot Today?

Discussion in 'General Golf Talk' started by lamebums, Jul 4, 2007.

1. fisher

fisher Well-Known Member

Played the first 6 holes today with two balls off each tee. Played each ball to the hole and was 4 over for 12 holes. Empty course. Sun was not out and it was windy and cold cold cold.

2. rebelmark

rebelmark Well-Known Member

Shot a 46 for 9 holes today...played good, but my drives were off. No major hole disasters, so hence the low (for me) score.

3. boomit324

boomit324 GO BAMA

shot 73 today..had a 35 on the front nine then lost it on the 10th and 11th holes went double, triple...it wasnt pretty..i sorta saved it though with back to back birdies on the 17th and 18th to end with a 38.

4. lamebums

lamebums 300 yards into the woods.

I suppose I'll drag up an old thread.

God, this winter was rough. I think I went the entire month of January without even picking up a golf club. By Valentine's Day I was chipping around an orange ball in my backyard in the snow, I'd had golf withdrawal so bad.

Finally got out to the range over Spring Break. Already went out a couple times this year so far, too.

92 at Twin Oaks last week, an I'm not talking about it at Devou Park, and an honest-to-God I haven't lost it yet 83 at Lunken. Now if I could only get the driver to behave. I was forced to hit 2 iron off most tees at Devou (extremely tight course).

5. TEA Time

TEA Time Grumpy Gilmore Staff Member Admin

United States United States
    Admin Post
    Stone Creek (Oregon City, Oregon)

3 birdies, no bogeys, out in 33.
    5 bogeys, no birdies, in in 41.

facepalm

6. twogreen

twogreen Well-Known Member

Not today...but a couple of days ago. 46+45=91.

The score isn't as interesting as the circumstances. About two years ago I replaced my Ping i3 OS irons with Tour Edge Bazooka JMax irons. At that point I still had never broken 100; so I figured it had to be the Pings holding me back. :smilie_ping: Within 30 days after club replacement, I was routinely shooting in the high nineties. For the past year, I have been shooting 95 or below with the Tour Edge clubs. Recently, I have had quite a few rounds balloon over 100. Utt oh...has to be the Tour Edge clubs...right?

On a whim, I put the Pings back in the bag. The score above was shot on the first day I touched the Pings in over two years. It is also the only time...ever....that I broke 100 with those clubs. In retrospect, I probably should have also changed putters before that round. I dropped the tee shot 12 feet above the cup on a par three...and then proceeded to four putt. :biglol:

7. nututhugame

nututhugame Winter Sucks! Supporting Member

On saturday I shot 94. 52-42. I was happy.

8. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

Where did you play Saturday nututhugame? I played Saturday too.

9. nututhugame

nututhugame Winter Sucks! Supporting Member

Ives. Walked, and it was wet. Only intended on going 9, but the kid's soccer got canceled and I was improving towards the end of the first 9 so I paid and played another. As much as I like Pet's I probably wont play there too much unless I can get coupons cause that place is expensive and can get really slow. Which sucks, because I really like it. Ives greens were already pretty dry and had some pace to them.

10. titleistman66

titleistman66 Active Member

Shot a weird 9 holes today. Didn't finish the 9th hole was kinda ticked off, but I was 1 over through 3, then holed out for eagle on 4, then went bogey, double, double, bogey, dnf. So i probably woulda ended up like 8 or 9 over, with an eagle ><

11. shep3470

shep3470 Well-Known Member

Well I got in my 4th round of the year so far as the temps hit 90*. What a differnce 9 holes make. My ball striking on the front 9 was the worst this year so far. I felt very lucky to escape with a 38. And that was with 2 three putts. Different story on the back 9. Ball strking was nice and crisp. Got in with a 36. The driver was not very good all day but made some great shots out of the rough. 4/14 fairways.....10/18 greens......28 putts........2 birds......4 bogeys.......12 pars.

12. lamebums

Been out of the loop for a while, what with a whole bunch of other business going on. Nevertheless I'll go ahead nad post what I've been doing.

As far as regular rounds go, I shot an 85 at Kenton County and an 88 my first time playing at AJ Jolly.

I've started filling in for a friend's partner at a local league, which plays 9 holes every Tuesday at California, in Cincinnati - a 43 three weeks ago, and then a butt-ugly 46 yesterday (see Hacker's Anonymous for the last one). Not because the score was especially bad, but it had to the sloppiest nine holes I've played in a long time.

13. LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges I've got the pants that'll make you dance! Supporting Member

Australia Australia
    Bogeyed 16 and 17, lipped out 10 footer for birdie on 18 today for a 73. Grrrr......

On the plus side, I'm now down to 2.3.

10/14 Fairways
    11/18 GIR
    30 Putts
    2 Birdies
    4 Bogeys
    12 Pars
    37-36-73

14. dunagan15

dunagan15 Well-Known Member

39! Personal best. Quite shocked as well being I didnt have any birdies ( missed a few :/ ) For the most part everything was great, drove the ball long and straight, wedge and iron play was best ive put together in a while, putting was average. I don't expect to shoot this well again for a long time, almost seems like wow, there is no way I can shoot that again. I'm not sure if it was luck, or I am just starting to play better more consistantly.

6/7 Fairways
    6/9 GIR
    18 putts (one 3 put)
    6 Pars
    3 Bogeys

I guess this is why we play, as angry as I get sometimes this is a great feeling.

15. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

Played out of my mind. Long, straight drives. Irons on or near the green. Chipping right up to pin. Putting lights out. Still shank an iron or hybrid once in awhile but got a 79. Best this summer. Averaging around 85. Playing every day (it doesn't rain) makes a huge difference. I've had stretches where I've played 10 days in a row, took a day off and then went another 5 days in a row. Life is good. Did I mention this is a pretty easy course. 67.8 rating and 119 slope.

16. thekid65

thekid65 Well-Known Member

Bullchit...you did it once, you can do it again. Give yourself some credit man, and congrats on a good score.

17. LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges I've got the pants that'll make you dance! Supporting Member

Australia Australia
    Even par 72.

Hit it like crap to start but scrambled super well and hit it much better the back nine. Stupid thing is it was a pair of 36's.

10/14 fairways
    12/18 GIR
    29 putts
    5/8 up n downs (anywhere inside 50 metres)
    1 eagle
    1 birdie
    13 pars
    3 bogeys

Now down to 2.0 cap exactly.

18. anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic Refusing Recovery Supporting Member

I shot my best round all year Sunday and broke a personal record of most birdies. Shot a 3 under 69 with 8 birdies. I missed 2 putts for par that were less that 3 feet, but I did drop 3 bombs from across the green, so I guess it evens out. I haven't had that much confidence on the golf course in a long time. I spent a total of 6 hours on the range Thursday and Friday after work and it really paid off. Now I can't wait to get back out there. Golf is funny...the more you play, the better you'll play and the better you play, the more you want to play.

19. lamebums

A big fat 100 at Kittyhawk, with 54 putts. Talk about some serious parking lots, I had a hard time sticking even wedges to those greens.

20. J.P.C.

J.P.C. Well-Known Member

South Africa South Africa
    Played 9 holes monday afternoon - shot a 44, not my best but i was happy as i haven't played golf in three weeks. Next Round of golf will be the 18th of September, playing Pearl Valley in Paarl Cape Town.