• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats the best way to set gaps?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Is one way of spacing a bag of clubs easier, better etc than the range? I am kind of fortunate because I could put up yardage flags on my munis practice range and they wouldnt throw me out, but it has a high tee so it all has to be compensated for the drop which is a pain. There are also midweek opportunities to go out on course, and from a X distance to the flag hit 7 shots, which is gonna give a good realistic result for that club, but it will turn the rounds in a mess and take forever.

And the simulator thing? I just dont do well on them for some reason. Maybe its that I cant find fake grass and rubber tees on the course, or that the pictures never seem to line up with my path, but they freak me out.

Last edited:
OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
For 289, I bet I can talk some guys into it. Or just get one...I spent 500 on my bushnell laser and have never regretted it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I just guess.

But seriously, after playing the same clubs so long i just know...is this a new set or are you just looking for a more precise number?

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Im angling for some tm tour preferreds. They will probably be a mixed set, mb low and mc high or cb high. I cant believe they will be gapped consistently.

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I dropped my irons to 2° flat, same with my wedges and putter, which is 70°/4. These adjustments start showing up about 6 months before I get a new set of clubs. Rather than fight it I prefer to plan a smooth transit from old to new.

Also its obligatory for me to describe how fabulous the new settings are now on my current set. They are lights out, money etc. Especially the putter.

I think this idolatry will assist my rationalizing the new set, especially if I elevated the current set to unrealistic expectations, so that when my expectations are dashed I can breeze through the new purchse as quickly as possible.

I have always said that if you snatch the tape off a new box of irons really fast, it doesnt hurt so much.

I ho, I ho, its off to work I go...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
sum-900313_w.jpg

OP
TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Is that for those new electrified irons that make the ball jump of the face?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.