• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats your carry gun?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Harley Davidson Glocks
13327509_1051093788303897_1201820134547968599_n.jpg

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Bad Idea IMHO Makes a gun look too much like a toy or training device.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Typically Blue Guns Red Guns etc are training devices. Painted that way so they can de differentiated from weapons.

People that go wild with Cerakote etc... end up looking like a tool anyways.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Picked this up today, Magnum Research 1911 in .45ACP. Well technically I don't have it yet as the Feds once again are dragging their ass. You would think with a CCL I should be able to walk in and walk out in minutes, but nope. Sometimes its 20 minutes, other times 3 days. Anyways this appears to be very well built and robust, quite a bit heavier than my Sig Sauer .40 too which was surprising.
DE-5.jpg
DE-4.jpg

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
What's the purpose of the holes in the trigger (or is that not the trigger?)? Also, you said Magnum Research, gun says Desert Eagle. I'm familiar with Desert Eagle being a gun manufacturer, but not Magnum Research?

Yep, educate me again. Don't know a lot about guns, but like learning stuff.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
The holes are in the trigger as well as in the hammer, they help lighten it but mainly it just looks cool, Magnum Research is a company in Minnesota, they bought Desert Eagle awhile back and import the guns from Israel.

Same company that makes the Desert Eagle .50AE.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
The holes are in the trigger as well as in the hammer, they help lighten it but mainly it just looks cool, Magnum Research is a company in Minnesota, they bought Desert Eagle awhile back and import the guns from Israel.

Same company that makes the Desert Eagle .50AE.
That was my guess on both. And you're right, the trigger looks cool. Nice looking gun, Wi!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Have wanted a 1911 for sometime now but the prices make me cringe, or you can get a low end piece of crap. Desert Eagle is a quality brand, well known in the industry and the price was what I consider damn good.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Have wanted a 1911 for sometime now but the prices make me cringe, or you can get a low end piece of crap. Desert Eagle is a quality brand, well known in the industry and the price was what I consider damn good.
Even with my limited knowledge, I've always had the impression that Desert Eagle was a good brand.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I looked at the Glocks again and while they may be a quality piece and go bang everytime, I just can't get over the looks. Yea yea I know shallow of me but I need something to goes bang everytime as well as looks good to me.

This same gun if it had the Kimber name on it would be $1000+, Glock doesn't make a 1911 model.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
BTW, I cannot bring myself to buy a Hi-Point handgun, they are certainly cheap enough at $169 or less but they are hideous and I would be embarassed to actually go to the Firearms checkout and say "yes the Hi-Point is mine". I did buy the 9mm carbine but thats as far as I have managed to go with the brand.

🔥 Latest posts