• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats your favorite golf course?

mwgolf

Jul 21, 2008
Mines a tie between deacons lodge and superior national. What about you guys.

Im curious because i love traveling to new courses.

Thanks

bluebledthesea

Only Drinking AFTER Golf
Jul 22, 2008
I haven't played a ton of courses, but I have a personal love for Roseland Park Golf Course in Woodstock, CT. It was built in 1896, over 100 years ago, and has a lot of history behind it. It was the first course my dad took me out on when I was just a kid, and I still go back there because it feels like my golf home. It's only nine holes but every hole is ingrained in my memory and I have a certain fondness for each. It's very rustic and rural and I like thinking of the many generations of golfers who have cut their teeth there. The third hole is my favorite as the tee faces a 30+ degree hill that has to be at least a 100 yard incline. You can't even see the ladies tees or the green, and it epitomizes how this course has been carved out of the landscape. I know people love beautiful, fantasy land golf courses, but I like this course for how rough and dirty it is.

I recently read in a local newspaper that it originally had 18 holes and I'm determined to sneak in there on foot some night and figure out where they all went. I have this dream that I'm going to find the remains of a magical par 3 in the woods somewhere, hahaha.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Mines a tie between deacons lodge and superior national. What about you guys.

Im curious because i love traveling to new courses.

Thanks

Superior National in Ludsen?

I played there last week, only live 2 hours away in thunder bay.

I was also up in Brainerd a few weeks back and played the legacy course's at Craguns and the Classic at Maddens. Some real sweet tracks in brainerd.

Where are you located? We should get out and play a round one day.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
All the better courses around Lake Geneva (Hawk's View, Geneva National etc). Beautiful country with many scenic holes. I like courses with trees and elevation changes.... :D

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Black Mesa is something special definately.

Too far of a drive for me though. Next time you're out here I'll treat to either. :D

thanks Jeff, Son and I are looking at Thanksgiving college break as possibility if the stars align.

🔥 Latest posts