• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's Your Poison?

OP
Big Brother Dunk

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
DaveE said:
I like a cold beer after a round. Well, actually sometimes I like a cold beer during a round.

My favorite local beer is Shiner, either the Bock or Grolsh. My favorite import is Becks.
Dave I was in Dallas last March and was introduced to Shiner Bock and I love it! It's a very good beer.

By the way, while I was there I got in a round at The Tribute. Awesome course.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Big Brother Dunk said:
Dave I was in Dallas last March and was introduced to Shiner Bock and I love it! It's a very good beer.

By the way, while I was there I got in a round at The Tribute. Awesome course.

If you're ever near Austin let me know and we'll play some golf and get you a few more of those Shiners.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
If you're ever near Austin let me know and we'll play some golf and get you a few more of those Shiners.

You mean you're gonna kick his ass? Nice invitation....:D

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
You mean you're gonna kick his ass? Nice invitation....:D

R35

I haven't been in a fight since the 8th grade so I won't be threatening anybody. But I'll get you some Shiners too if you're ever down this way. :)

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
DaveE said:
Rockford35 said:
You mean you're gonna kick his ass? Nice invitation....
R35

Hey, don't forget, shiners are baitfish, and they grow big in Texas. Great little side dish with a cold one....

Re the coke thing: Don't forget too, that originally, diet coke was formulated to transition TaB drinkers. Lord knows there may still be some of them out there....

How about a Fresca?

Throw my hat in the beer ring. Guinness or a "half-and-half" (read: black & tan) will do fine. Bass or even a Sam Adams in a pinch. And speaking of Pinch....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
I haven't been in a fight since the 8th grade so I won't be threatening anybody. But I'll get you some Shiners too if you're ever down this way. :)

8th grade. Was that before or after electricty was invented?:)

Fresca rules. No sugar added.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
8th grade. Was that before or after electricty was invented?:)

Fresca rules. No sugar added.

R35

After electricity smartass, but it was before a ton of other shit. My girls love to tease me about all the things we didn't have when we were kids.

I used to make the same comparison with my parents and grand parents. My moms mom lived to be 97 and her life spanned covered wagon days to a man walking on the moon. Things do change.

I just want to know where the flying cars are that we were promised when I was a kid.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
I just want to know where the flying cars are that we were promised when I was a kid.

Dude, Dukes of Hazzard. Where you been?

R35

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
DaveE said:
After electricity smartass, but it was before a ton of other shit. My girls love to tease me about all the things we didn't have when we were kids.

I used to make the same comparison with my parents and grand parents. My moms mom lived to be 97 and her life spanned covered wagon days to a man walking on the moon. Things do change.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
DaveE said:
My girls love to tease me about all the things we didn't have when we were kids.

I told my daughter recently that when I grew up - there were only four channels available on the TV. She was stunned.

Then I explained that there were no VCRS and no cell phones.

She turned her head sideways like the dog who does not understand....

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Bravo said:
I told my daughter recently that when I grew up - there were only four channels available on the TV. She was stunned.

You should really blow her mind and tell her that TV was only in black & white....

Wow, B, you just made me think about my old slide rule.... ;)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:

Try explaining 8 track tapes.

One of the things I remember is when Pong came out. The one with two paddles cost as much in the mid 70s as a Play Station costs now. Crazy.

I'm so glad that we don't need a new tv right now because I think the changes in the next 4-6 years will be remarkable. I'm betting by 2010 big screen plasmas, or whatever is current, will be under $1000.

OP
Big Brother Dunk

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
A Scotsman and an Irishman rely to this thread without naming their poison???

What's this world coming to???

DaveE said:

If I'm ever down your way, I'll certainly take you up on that.:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.