• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's your temperature?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Also, I wore my coat for the first time this week. So it's 'officially' winter for me.

Bought a nice new Carhartt jacket. My Walls jacket, that I've had for around 10 years, had the zipper take a dump and I can't find anyone to put a new zipper in it. Carhartt zippers seemed a lot more robust than the Walls jackets so I went with them. I'll eventually get a zipper put in it and give it to one of my kids when they get big enough for it. Every seam is triple stitched, and it still looks new besides some fading. Should last another 10+ years.

Tag said $99.99 with 25% off, which would make it about $75(for you math wizards), but it rang up at 39.99. So I got a brand new Carhartt jacket for $40...I'm happy with that.
Walls is located in Fort Worth, TX. According to their website, been in business a long time and have a "Tough as Nails Guarantee". If it were me, I'd go to the "Help" link on their website. Tell them how much you have loved and used the jacket over the past few years. Now, you are wanting to hand it down to your kids but the zipper upchucked. Just ask them if they can replace a zipper and offer to pay them for it. Many folks will appreciate the customer loyalty and will work something where you pay the UPS and they take care of the zipper. Never hurts to try.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Let's be clear though. The upcoming summer is shaping up to be a mother fucker.

In that respect - I have it great here in FL all fall/winter, but Fredericksburg, VA is a hot & humid bitch all summer long. I check the FL summer temps and humidity, while in VA and it's basically no worse.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Walls is located in Fort Worth, TX. According to their website, been in business a long time and have a "Tough as Nails Guarantee". If it were me, I'd go to the "Help" link on their website. Tell them how much you have loved and used the jacket over the past few years. Now, you are wanting to hand it down to your kids but the zipper upchucked. Just ask them if they can replace a zipper and offer to pay them for it. Many folks will appreciate the customer loyalty and will work something where you pay the UPS and they take care of the zipper. Never hurts to try.

Interesting, I'll give it a shot! I did find a seamstress here in town that does zippers, but she works a pretty restricted schedule and I haven't been able to connect with her yet. So we'll see what avenue is cheaper.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Too damn cold and windy, -8º right now with a wind chill of -27º. Furnace runs damn near non stop. Looking forward to getting the hell outta here in 3 weeks for some warmth in Cabo. Been on a lot of vacations but have never gone someplace warm when its really cold here. Been to mexico in oct & nov but weather here was decent. Thailand & Puerto Rico in may. Hell we went to paris & Rome end of feb & the weather there was better but certainly not warm.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Feels good outside.

I love cold weather. Such great sleeping weather.
Wait until you get another 50 years on you and have zero circulation!!! And, live with a lady who would sleep with the windows open if it weren't for freezing the water lines. She got "me" an electric blanket for Christmas because she said I complained too much about the bedroom being cold. Dual controls so we each can set our own temp range. I've pretty well settled on #5 or #6 out of 10 settings. She has yet to turn hers on!!!!! Oh! She also got me an electric "throw" which I am now using as I type this in my recliner!!!!

Members online

No members online now.