• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which is more important. Driver head or shaft?

Which is more importan?

• driver head

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shaft

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
This would have been a legit question for me before joining ShotTalk. Now the answer is obvious.

v1.bTsxMTM3MjU3MDtqOzE4MDg2OzEyMDA7MTUwMDsyMDAw

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
With the USGA COR rule, there is not a lot of difference between various driver heads. Technology, however, differs greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer, from shaft to shaft.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I would've liked a "both" answer. There definitely is something different from the latest batch of drivers. The manufacturers have boosted the flux capacitor.

Last edited:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I am with TTR, need a both category. Max COR heads have been around at least 15 years and I have hit some real clunkers over that time. The more adjustable a driver head is, the better chance you can find a setting that will work for you, but it still may not fit your eye or swing. I have used the same shaft (literally the same shaft, after a shaft pull) in multiple driver heads and loved it in some and hated it in others. IMHO, you need to find a head that works for you and then tweak it via trying different shafts.

Members online

No members online now.