• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which used car?

Which one?

• Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S with CVT (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infiniti G35 Coupe 6sp MT (2006)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Car "shopping" is the equivalent male thing to clothes shopping for females... :D

Does this G35 Coupe make me look fat?
G35 Coupe.jpg

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Eracer, do you know anything bad about Elite Motors or Hillsboro Auto Mart or Courtesy Nissan? They have some G35s and and a RSX Type S that look good.

Where the hell is Tampa, anyway? :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Eracer, do you know anything bad about Elite Motors or Hillsboro Auto Mart or Courtesy Nissan? They have some G35s and and a RSX Type S that look good.

Where the hell is Tampa, anyway? :D
Dude, I'm driving a 1998 truck with 171,000 miles on it. I'm no help.

But...

Courtesy? Bad vibes.

Automart? I've heard both good and bad. One guy says "good people, fixed any problem I had," blah blah blah. The next says, "total crooks, don't even think about it."

Elite? Never heard of them.

Car dealers are like politicians. Keep them at arms length. Find three or four "Nissan certified-used," NOT "dealer certified-used" G35s.

Fax those dealers a reasonable offer, and tell them the one who faxes back the best offer in a binding sales order (including tax, tag, title, dealer prep, etc.) signed by the Sales Manager gets the deal.

Tell them the S.O. must contain the phrase: "All costs and charges included in final listed price. Payment of quoted price satisfies all present and future sales invoices related to this vehicle."

Tell them you will handle delivery of the vehicle.

Where is Tampa? Not near Miami or Atlanta.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Another fun to drive coupe that is somewhat easy on the gas and the pocket...

V6 Hyundai Tiburon...tons of options in the upper trim levels...fantastic sound systems...solid performance....six speed optional tran...top notch handeling(for a budget car anyway)....and can be had at decent prices

Great thing...hatchback...can fit 4 golf bags in the back with the back seats layed down...probably more.

Only thing you have to watch out for...change the timing belt at 60k or before...interference engine adn those things are notorious for blowing at about 65-80k

Just trying to muddy the waters. :D

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
You keep making me wish you were available!

But you've already jilted me, remember? ;)

Hey, if my Internet-adjusted handicap is 2 from the tips, my Internet-adjusted marital status may be open to interpretation as well. :faintthud

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Thanks, Eracer. If I end up coming down there for a car, we'll play some golf too. :D

Sorry, warbirdlover. Already have one Mits and that's one too many. Besides, the Eclipse is a major chick car.

eclark, I looked at the Tiburon's specs and was unimpressed by the 16/24 mpg from the small 2.6L V6, and the 2.0L I4 was not quite as good as the much more revvy Civic Si Coupe.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005

Hey, if my Internet-adjusted handicap is 2 from the tips, my Internet-adjusted marital status may be open to interpretation as well. :faintthud
Yeah, that sounds about right.:laugh:

"So, are you married?"
"No."
"So...what's the tan line on your ring finger all about?"
"Oh that? I keep sunscreen on it to remind me of my desire for committment..."

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

Hey, if this is true then it's true for all us married folks...which means Eracer will have to get in line!!!!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
eclark, I looked at the Tiburon's specs and was unimpressed by the 16/24 mpg from the small 2.6L V6, and the 2.0L I4 was not quite as good as the much more revvy Civic Si Coupe.

Yeah, i really wish the vehicle came with either a larger V6(its a 2.7btw) or better mileage, but i usually get 30 out of the g/f's

Better than the sticker suggests thats for sure.

Thought i would throw it out there anyway.

There are drop in super/turbocharger systems out there that will run 8psi stock and bump the HP output up quite a bit! I know some people on the net that are running 300hp on stock internals(besides clutch) for thousands of miles reliably...

Also, simple bolt-on's will get you up around 210 without forced induction

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.