• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which used car?

Which one?

• Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S with CVT (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infiniti G35 Coupe 6sp MT (2006)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
LOL!! I believe Sssmokin has one. I like them though, not really sure they are chick cars. The Tiburon, Miata, sure thing but not the Eclipse.
All i ever see driving eclipse's are chicks...and usually NOT hot ones...

Total chick car as far as i am concerned...at least eclipses have some power behind them unlike most chick cars

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Eclipse = chick car. Without a doubt.

$100 a month difference in gas cost between Civic Si and G35. Also 100 horsepower difference. A coincidence? I think not.

What to do, what to do.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You guys and your chick cars.... :rolleyes: A normal chick couldn't handle that power. Maybe with a four-cylinder and automatic but sssmokin's is super cool...

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
ricer

Here's what you need, I think this one needs a couple of stickers & a little yellow paint though.
ricer-48377.jpg

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Eclipse = chick car. Without a doubt.

$100 a month difference in gas cost between Civic Si and G35. Also 100 horsepower difference. A coincidence? I think not.

What to do, what to do.

It seems like you want the G35 so if you can afford it you should get it. If you don't you'll be disappointed every time you drive the Honda.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
It seems like you want the G35 so if you can afford it you should get it. If you don't you'll be disappointed every time you drive the Honda.

I agree completely Dave. :D

I just got word 5 minutes ago that they want me to start my new job on Oct 27th. :D

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Now I have to talk to the guy who hopefully still wants to buy the place, and see when he wants to start. I may have to close the place for a week or two if he can't start then.

So, this weekend I will clean and wax up the Montero Sport. I won't buy a car until I see that 1st paycheck in my account, about Nov 15th.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Will you still be in the Augusta area? Same house? etc etc...

I think you were planing a long drive to work (looking at fuel economy) so I assume you are staying there.

And the G35 is a cool car. :)

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The job is with the US Dept of Agriculture as a Public Health Veterinarian, initially in the Food Safety and Inspection Service. Once trained (mostly around Raleigh, NC) I will be working at a poultry processing plant in Ward, SC.

Sounds boring and probably is, but the pay is good and guaranteed, $75K plus bennies. In these screwed up economic times, I can't pass it up.

I hope this works out: I start on Oct 27th, M-F. I plan on driving home every weekend and driving back the next Monday morning. The gov will pay for a hotel room and per dium for the training period. GF says she will house sit my dogs.

Now Nov 11th, a Tuesday, is Memorial Day, so that's a holiday I will have off. I will be either in Raleigh or Siler City, NC that week, so.................. Pinehurst on Nov 11th?

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Sounds like if it all works out a relocation would save you $$$ in gas. :)

Once the training is over, the daily commute will be about 80 miles round trip, or anywhere from $2700 to $3800 a year.

GF currently lives 20 miles in other direction, so moving closer to work would means moving farther away from her.

My house will be paid for in 3 months. :D

So I'm staying put for a couple of years at least.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Keep the one you got...buy another one closer to work...when the market comes back you will make money on both of them

Get yourself another g/f while you at it as well...with two different houses...no problem keeping two women seperated :D

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Keep the one you got...buy another one closer to work...when the market comes back you will make money on both of them

Get yourself another g/f while you at it as well...with two different houses...no problem keeping two women seperated :D

If he could afford two girl friends he wouldn't be looking at used cars. :p

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
SNAP !!!!
icon10.gif
More like SPROING!!! :D

Hey Sib, I'm about 35 miles SE of Raleigh, 20 miles SW of Siler City...let me know when you're in the area! If we can't get some golf in, we could always meet for dinner or something.

Members online