• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which used car?

Which one?

• Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S with CVT (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infiniti G35 Coupe 6sp MT (2006)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
More like SPROING!!! :D

Hey Sib, I'm about 35 miles SE of Raleigh, 20 miles SW of Siler City...let me know when you're in the area! If we can't get some golf in, we could always meet for dinner or something.
ALERT: MAN DATE PROPOSAL...whose bringing the vasaline?

Sickening...:D

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I'll definitely let you know when I'm in Raleigh. I think part of my training is also in Siler City.

Does Pinehurst allow walk-ons? I really don't care which course I play, but I would like to play one of them, or maybe Pine Needles, while I'm there.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
OK, my final opinion. I've driven back and forth to NY, Soho actually, where the median income is 7figures, lol. So I've seen lots of cars on the highway.

My opinion, don't buy anything without test driving the RX-8. I saw 2 RX-8's and they looked really cool. The dozen RSX's I saw look very plain by comparison, RX-8 looks a lot more like a sports car.

Of course the G35 is a more powerful car HP and torque wise but... the RX-8 with a 6spd. is going to better handling and very quick picking up speed at high RPM's.

The SL 550 is better looking than both of them though.
icon10.gif

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
BTW, on Mon. I drove a new Mini Cooper to Manhattan then back out to Greewich CT. It was actually pretty quick zipping in and out of traffic but handling and overall acceleration was dog$hit. Going though highway S curves at 70 produced a lot of body roll. Too high a COG in that thing. The S-model would be faster but still very limited by chassis and suspension. Basically it would flip over if it tried to keep up with my car.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Sorry, ezra. IMHO, the RX8 is fugly. And a gas hog. And pricey. And it's owned by Ford.

G35 Coupe comes in 6sp manual as well as a 5 speed auto. (the 2009 will have a 7 speed auto as well). I'm looking at the 6MT models as they come standard with the sports suspension.

I can probably afford a 2006 or 2007 in a few months.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'll definitely let you know when I'm in Raleigh. I think part of my training is also in Siler City.

Does Pinehurst allow walk-ons? I really don't care which course I play, but I would like to play one of them, or maybe Pine Needles, while I'm there.
I'm pretty sure you can walk on either, but you need to call first. Be prepared for the cost, however...it's high!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
OK. G35 is a nice car. The only thing I don't like about them is they are a dime a dozen around this area. I see like 6 or 7 on my way to work every morning. They are fast though. I was messing around with a kid who had one. I went though curves faster than him but as soon as we hit a straightaway he downshifted and blew my doors off. Good engine in that car... in the Maxima, however, not enough. 3.5 SE is a "sedan". Some jackoff rode inches off my bumper off one highway onto another. Then he thought he was going to blow by me, lol, Prelude buried it. I actually held off beside him at 6K for a second, then took it to 8.

I know it's a lot of car but when I start thinking G35 $$, the C6 Corvette starts looking realistic. They get over 30mpg. on the highway in 6th gear and obviously would leave a G35 in the dust in every category, including attention from the ladies... which I assume has to count for something.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Just some food for thought... :laugh:

This guy is in Greenville, SC selling an 02 Z06 with 38K on it for $22,995. He's the original owner, purchased new from dealer for $50K.

405HP from the factory weighing in at 3100lbs. and 6speed. G35? This thing will run with Ferrari's. You can just nod at the 911 Carrera, he'll see the Z06 eblem and know you can blow his doors off with quick downshift.

tsteele93 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Here's some pics he had of it.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Vette guy seems like a pretty good driver. He was hitting his apexes (mostly) and coming out of the corners with some good acceleration.

I was just about to post that. Pretty good drive by the Z06 man. A bobble here and there in the slow corners, but that's understandable and not that costly. Why I haven't tried mine out on a road course is beyond me. Afraid of walls, I guess. It'd be like punching Jennifer Aniston in the nose.

Members online

No members online now.