• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

White Marks on Hats

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Unless you don't have/want a dishwasher. Then the plastic thing works just fine.

Sorry the wife won't let you have a dishwasher and I've never had a hat come out of the washing machine that looked even remotely correct....but use what works for you.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I have a Nike hat made out of dry-fit material. I just run it under a tap if I've sweated through it. Always comes up fine.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Refer to the wussepedia my friend. As stated in #'s 9&10 you're a wuss golfer if..........

9. you have spent more than one half of a nanosecond debating what to wear before you play.
10. your ballcap does not have any sweat stains or always looks new.

OP
coachnd

coachnd

Jan 21, 2010
Refer to the wussepedia my friend. As stated in #'s 9&10 you're a wuss golfer if..........

9. you have spent more than one half of a nanosecond debating what to wear before you play.
10. your ballcap does not have any sweat stains or always looks new.

I'm a wuss....

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I fight with the same problem...a lot. I try to buy hats made of dri-fit types of material and usually try to buy white hats as well. I still get the white stains and the yellow on white, but I find that semi-frequent washing on the top shelf of the dishwasher (i.e. once I start to notice any degradation) will help to maintain the hats...when it doesn't ruin them. I've never heard of hat saver or the shampoo tricks...so will check into that. Now if only I could prevent the yellow stains from showing up in the armpits of my white shirts. That anti-perspirant/sweat/white fabric combination is annoying. Actually, being sweaty is annoying...period.

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
this is a good topic because i have some dark blue hats that i love to wear that you just cant buy anymore (they're from the mid 90's) and they have those white stains. im gonna try some of that Hat Saver stuff from now on. and ill try that toothbrush/shampoo trick on my old hats too

runninlope

Aug 8, 2008
Best way to stop sweating, work on your game ha ha then you wont get so nervous on those presure shots

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
+ whatever number we are on for using the dishwasher. If its summer I've even worn them damp until they dry and they will maintain shape perfectly. Plus, who couldn't use a nice cooling down in the process.

🔥 Latest posts