• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who is going to win the Superbowl?

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
You really haven't been paying attention

We got the best TEAM in the game, and I would take Matt Hassleback over any other QB in the game, save Brett Farve. Matt won my loyalty when he said "We want the ball and we're going to score!" He then threw the INT to Harris, but it took giant balls to say that.

We have a better Running back, corps of WR's, TE, and the best O-line in football. We have given up less yards per game in the plat offs and points per game. How can you rightly think that Pittsburgh really has a chance?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Pittsburg beat the top 3 seeds all on the road......that's how.

Pittsburg by at least 10.......won't be a close game.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Seattle beat Arizona twice, San Fran twice, St Louis twice, barely beat the Giants and the Titians, Houston and Atlanta (both poseur clubs) and lost to Green Bay and Jacksonville.

Weak schedules make mountains out of molehills. If anyone in the NFC stood a chance, it was Washington, and they killed themselves. Chicago and Carolina were both worthless teams and the Giants had no business even being in the playoffs.

Pittsburg beat everyone with two shitty QB's (Batch and Maddox), came into the playoffs, dominated Cincy, Indy (even with the refs blowing it) and kicked Denver's ass in Denver.

And now they're heading to Detroit, Bettis's home town.

What else can you ask for?

35-10 Pittsburg.

R35

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
UH HUH

Pittsburg beat Jon Kitna, enough said on that, Peyton "Choke Artist" Manning(WAH my line didn't block) and Jake "the brake" Plummer.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Davebud said:
Pittsburg beat Jon Kitna, enough said on that, Peyton "Choke Artist" Manning(WAH my line didn't block) and Jake "the brake" Plummer.

Yep, Cincy, the Colts and Denver. You even got all the QB's right! :D

I like Seattle, don't get me wrong. They just aren't the team (like many of the NFC teams) that everyone thinks they are.

Just wait for the SB, you'll see.

R35

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I can see your POV

but, I just think that everybody else overlooks us. I also do not think that Pittsburgh is that great. I keep hearing about their Defense, well if you look at this seasons stats they gave up 16 pys per game, Seattle gave up 17, and both Defenses are getting better as the year went on. If you look at the Offenses Seattle scored 28 pts per game and the Steelers scored 24. While I know that stats are not straight and true if you were to take a composite and split the difference Seattle wins 22-20. We shall all see in 10 days though.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
they overlook you b/c the nfc sucks, your team has those stats b/c the nfc sucks. your players look better b/c the nfc is terrible.

bring your butts back to the afc west and see how many playoffs you make.

rock, i got your back.

holmgren is cool, but your team just doesn't know the level of play that the afc plays.

and with a healthy willie roaf and will shields, chiefs def have the best O-line in the game. if will shields comes back next year, larry johnson sets the nfl rushing record. you heard it here first.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Youngun

I realize your not old enough to read Playboy but intheir preseason picks they Ranked Seattles O-line#1, Kansas City #2.
As far as the NFC 3 of the top 5 RB's NFC. 4 of the top 5 WR NFC. 3 of the top 5 Defenses NFC, 6 of 10 if you want to roll it out that far. So lets hear more about the AFC.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Gun just took Pit? Aw man....

I'm re-estabishing my pick. Seattle by 10. :D

(I'm still going with Pit, of course, I just wanted to rub Gun's first picks in a bit....KC? Are you nuts? Until they get a defense, they won't win squat. You gotta stop the other team from scoring 45 points if you're only gonna score 42, son...)

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
cool things is we actually have the capabilities to score 42 points a game. or used to, our off coordinator just packed his bags for D.C.

gunther has been back for two years fixing all the crap our last coordinator messed up, third year will be the charm. our D wasn't as bad as you think it was, we've only allowed one or two 100 yard rushers in like 15 games or smoething. our pass defense is getting better especially now that our ex-DB coach, herm edwards is calling the shots here. dick vermeil was loved here, but he couldn't manage a game for crap, which cost us too many close games.

you guys look out for kc next year, a very nfc filled schedule (easy)

i may not be old enough to read a playboy, but i sure as hell know you don't get them to read about offensive line ratings....

NFC teams with records of .500 or worse 8, afc teams, 7

AFC teams were 34-30 against nfc teams while nfc teams were 30-34 against AFC teams

NFC playoff teams were 55-17 against other nfc teams during the regular season while the AFC teams were only 51-21, talk about competition...

point being, this is why they play the game, in which case the steelers drop the seahawks like a bad habit

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Seattle 3-1 against the AFC

Thats the only playboy worth actually reading, and KC will still be the third best team in that division.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
thanks to how hard the afc is compared to the nfc..... if we were to leave the afc west like you guys did we'd easily be top 2 or 3 in the nfc

Tommysels41

Dec 13, 2005
I gotta say it's a close game but the Bill Cower gives Big Ben the ball and Roethlisberger has a career game. He looked impressive last week, I'm really excited for the game. The Steelers have to win, Jerome Bettis deserves the win a SuperBowl as does Bill Cower.

tdaniels

Pro Club Tosser
Nov 6, 2005
I truly think the Steelers are the better team but, as you have noticed I have been pretty quiet in this thread. Its because Seattle has one thing going for them. The Steelers are my favorite team and my teams always find a way to choke and dissapoint me.:mad:

3Bogey

Jan 20, 2006
Can you say Blitz Blitz Blitz Blitz!!! I am a huge Steeler fan and have watched the Steelers play all season. What people forget is that when it comes playoff time, and even more superbowl time, players up their ability, emotions, concentration, and every human factor ten fold. In other words the more athletic team has a huge advantage. When you look throughout the history of the league teams win with speed and athletisism. Look at the Steelers defense all through the playoffs, relentless!! Better athletes especially on the defensive side of the ball. Look at Polamalu?? I haven't seen a better defensive player since Taylor. This guy is a freak!! He is in on every play. The Steeler defense is just way to fast and they disguise better than any team in the league. That defense will be playing out of it's mind and if Seattle doesn't get ahead or a running game established early, it will be a long day for their offense. If Big Ben can continue getting points up early in the first quarter the game is history. The Steelers will finally get one for the thumb!!

🔥 Latest posts