• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who wants to make me a bet?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I say by the end of 2012 (the end of next season) Tiger is no longer in the top 10 of the world rankings. Any takers?

Same terms I have with Rock. One doz premium balls to the winner.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I think if you look at how the rankings are tallied you will find that it would be very difficult to nearly impossible for Tiger to fall out of the top 10 this season. Mathematically I think he could play pretty poor this season and still stay top 10..........he would only need a few top 25 and one or two top 10s and he remains in the top 10 on the world golf rankings.

If things did get that bad for him I would expect him to walk away from the tour before it came to that. So that would be my prediction. If at the end of 2011 he is not back to form he will retire from the tour and only play Majors.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think if you look at how the rankings are tallied you will find that it would be very difficult to nearly impossible for Tiger to fall out of the top 10 this season. Mathematically I think he could play pretty poor this season and still stay top 10..........he would only need a few top 25 and one or two top 10s and he remains in the top 10 on the world golf rankings.

If things did get that bad for him I would expect him to walk away from the tour before it came to that. So that would be my prediction. If at the end of 2011 he is not back to form he will retire from the tour and only play Majors.

You takin' the bet then?

I'm tempted, I'm not a betting man either but I'm tempted.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
the bet runs through to next season, not just this season. Be sure you know the terms before you commit.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I'll take it. I'm always up for a friendly wager. I give you a couple of days to change your mind though. The odds are clearly stacked against you.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Oh, until 2012? Jeez, that's a long time from now. I'll still play though. I'll give you my email address, so you can remind me.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I'm in. My supply of balls should be run down and need restocking by then. But what happens if he leaves the tour as I predict????

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'm in. My supply of balls should be run down and need restocking by then. But what happens if he leaves the tour as I predict????
Seems to me if he leaves the tour, it'll just make Lyle's prediction come true quicker (assuming he retires). Of course, World Golf rankings have nothing to do with being a PGA Tour member, it's based on wins, right? So, if he drops the tour, but plays a few select tournaments and does well/wins, could he still stay in the top 10?

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I can only take one of you up on this so that would AG gets first dips on the action. If he bows out then fish is the sucker who sends me balls ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If he bows out then fish is the sucker who sends me balls ;)

And MC is the fish that sucks your balls.

That aside, this is a very interesting wager. On one hand, it could very well happen. On the other, you gotta expect Tiger to play better than average, which would at least keep him top ten....for a while. But once that time limit comes into play, anything is possible.

Very interesting.

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
And MC is the fish that sucks your balls.
Seems like all your fantasies involve me, wildlife, or both...flattering, but pretty scary at the same time.

That aside, this is a very interesting wager. On one hand, it could very well happen. On the other, you gotta expect Tiger to play better than average, which would at least keep him top ten....for a while. But once that time limit comes into play, anything is possible.

Very interesting.

R35

Yeah, I agree. There's all kinds of things that could happen in 2 years.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
If he manages to win 2 events this year everything will be fine in his little world, but I agree with Fisher that if he somehow manages to not win anything then he walks away.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Leaves the Tour....as in leaves the PGA for 'greener' pastures, or retires?

Big difference.

R35

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I think he retires only to play the Masters and the British annually. I don't even think he would bother with the US Open unless it was to be held at one of his favorite venues.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.