• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who will win the Masters?

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Who is your pick to win the Masters?

I am picking Tiger followed by Phil and Charles Howell III.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Woods should win handily...the rest is a crapshoot.

Even though I picked Michelson in our contest, I am still not certain if he has mentally recovered from his dabacle last summer. He may be a strong contender or an oaf...

Something tells me one of the young guns from outside the U.S. is finally going to step up and contend.

One thing you can say for this tourney, it is unusual for someone in their 20's to win it. Tiger is (was) the notable exception, starting with his first win in 97....it seems that course knowledge and experience is at a premium in this event and it takes 5-6 tournaments for most players to get some degree of comfort...

Weir obviously has comfort here but the lengthening of the course has hurt him. Lengthening gave big hitters an additional advantage...

Let's see how the Bomb and Gouge Crew does.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Its going to be a Tiger vs. The Field bet in every major until he goes through another swing change. :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Weir obviously has comfort here but the lengthening of the course has hurt him. Lengthening gave big hitters an additional advantage...

Let's see how the Bomb and Gouge Crew does.

The dry conditions will help the shorter guys out. I still say a bomber wins it tho.

My pick is the same as every year. Mr Singh.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
As always, the best putter will win. But he also needs a shit load of luck, a lot of patience and balls of steel.

I fancy Hefty to put up a good defence. When he gets going with that flat stick, boy, he is good.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
The dry conditions will help the shorter guys out. I still say a bomber wins it tho.

My pick is the same as every year. Mr Singh.

I think the dry conditions are indeed going to contribute to more roll...but it is going to be so cold in those early morning rounds that they are going to lose some distance due to this...

Lows around freezing on Friday and Saturday mornings. (We may even have a frost delay!) ...these guys will play the front nine with temps in the 40F/5-7C range...

Will be very interesting to see how the cold, dry temps affect the entire tourney.

The premium on putting will be at its highest and on approach shot accuracy as well...

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Tiges or Phil Mich., me thinks.

Hope Big Ernest does well with his/my new Callaways :D

Angel Cabrera for E/W bet.

Load of guys are talking about Stenson E/W, but I ain't so sure...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I've had £5 each way on all 5, CHIII at 50/1, Phil at 8/1, els at 16/1, Stenson at 25/1 & Casey at 33/1.

Looks like Ernie and Phil will have there work cut out to make the top 5 already. Stenson & Casey are the best European bets, imo.

Charles Howell III has to be a great shout & I couldn't belive he was 50/1, he's been in the form of his life this season, up there week in week out. He's from Augusta so probably staying in his own home between rounds. He's played the course many times and I'd imagine he's gonna have great support round that track.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Tiges or Phil Mich., me thinks.

Hope Big Ernest does well with his/my new Callaways :D

Angel Cabrera for E/W bet.

Load of guys are talking about Stenson E/W, but I ain't so sure...

well phils toasted at +4, els is out of it at +6...

🔥 Latest posts