• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Who's winning?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Week 2, already coming up with the "Alabama golfers are no good" excuse.

I've heard this a millions times. :p

Seriously, keep at it Bama. There's nothing really at stake here. It's all about having a good time. But, if it bothers you that much, move to Canada and get with the program! :canadafla

R35

Hey, watch the recruiting violations. I thought Crowe was kidding with the Canadian cheater comment but Geez. :p

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Violations?

All my guys are urine tested and have proof of citizenship. Just because Bama feels the harsh reality of living in America, and how it hurts his golf game is no reason to come off like that, Dave.

Shame on you. Don't you guys have a country to free from tyranny, terror and persecution instead of picking on the Canucks? :p

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Violations?

Shame on you. Don't you guys have a country to free from tyranny, terror and persecution instead of picking on the Canucks? :p

R35

Oh yeah, we have all that and more. :beach3: Picking on the Canucks is a bonus.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
bdcrowe said:
Fixed. My bad. Or maybe yours, having Vremont in a ROTW name? I mean, cumon...?

;)

Maybe I should move back to Canada lol

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I'd like to remind everyone that WE burned down the White House. And the only person jailed in the incident was a yank.

Birthright that.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's true.

And, as I've pointed out many times, your water comes from us. How's the uriny goodness?

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Bama Duffer said:
I'm going to stop referring to myself as a golfer. I'm truly embarrassed at my score. What's worse, I may not be able to play this week at all to try to redeem myself.

To my credit, though, I did tell you guys that my game sucks.

I hereby move that we do not post scores this way to prevent my future humiliation.

(I tried to post this already and it somehow vaporized).

BD - you played a very hard course with a high slope. Hang in there...

Remember that it will take awhile for everyone to establish a realistic quota. You cannot get a realistic average from two rounds...

Let's make all scores available to the group...its all in fun...

My real USGA index has gone up 2.7 in the last three months because I am playing like a dog. As a result, my quota has gone down 3 points.

Last weekend, I tied for first in my stableford because I had 30 points (for a +6). If my quota had not dropped - I would have been only +3 (three months ago).

So it all evens out in the end. It is always in your best interest to post All your scores - good and bad....

Go get em Yanks...:usflag:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The Canada/US rivalry is alive and well I see. Even if it is just a fun ribbing.

On the other hand, being a Canadian living in the US, I see a lot of the little brother syndrome from some people back home in Nova Scotia, way more serious than the fun threads that are on this board.

For example - I get a tough time from all of my buddies when I go home to Halifax every summer for a visit. They call me an american like it's an insult or something... I tell them that I really enjoy living in the US (at least the part of the country I live in - I can't say much for other parts since I haven't really seen much of it) the people here are great, and the work opportunities are excellent. For some reason everyone wants to bash it (until they come visit that is - then they love it)...

I guess it makes people feel better to insult another country? I just don't get it. I suppose it's the US politics?

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
And, as I've pointed out many times, your water comes from us. How's the uriny goodness?

You know, I'm really not a big Heineken drinker. ;)

~QQ

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Quentin said:
You know, I'm really not a big Heineken drinker. ;)

~QQ
Better hope you spelled that correctly. Cause I used the same argument for Mols(t)ons, and LivestockRock nailed me on it.

As for the urine, that and Alanis Morriset just go to prove that nothing good comes from Canada. ;)

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
rockford35 said:
And Celine Dion. Don't forget her.

R35
Brian Adams. Oh, how we could go on...

You? Canada just gets our serial killers on the lamb. I think you's guys still get the better end of the trade.

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
bdcrowe said:
As for the urine, that and Alanis Morriset just go to prove that nothing good comes from Canada. ;)

There are actually a lot of good things that come from Canada. Every single highway leading to America for one.

Also, Canada would really impress us if Quebec would just become their own country. Then we could just hate them for being French.

~QQ

🔥 Latest posts