• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why are we on Mars?

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I wanted Ginger and Mary-Anne ...

I wanted Ginger and Mary Ann when it went into syndication and I got older....LOL

Reminds me of a funny story....

When I was a kid I was in love with not only Marsha Brady, but ESPECIALLY that "older woman" Laura Partridge!

Then a few years ago and I was home sick and the local cable channel was going to air a block of Partridge Family episodes...hoping to see my heartthrob, Laura.

Well she was on and she didn't look like what I remembered when I was a kid. She was a skinny, geeky thing with knob knees and braces.

I was kinda let down.....until MRS Partridge came on! It's amazing how that old lady from the 70's became such a hottie a few years ago! LOL

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
Sorry but I hated that movie.

Oh man! I really liked it. The acting was pretty bad but some of the concepts were pretty cool. Like how everyone was "preserved" to make the 2 year trip and not lose years on their life.

Are you about accuracy vs. fantasy?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Oh man! I really liked it. The acting was pretty bad but some of the concepts were pretty cool. Like how everyone was "preserved" to make the 2 year trip and not lose years on their life.

So... What part of Prometheus is accurate?

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
So... What part of Prometheus is accurate?

Prometheus was not at all about accuracy. Apollo 13 would be an example of an accurate story. Prometheus was all fantasy.

I liked a movie that Wi didn't. Just an adult conversation here, Jim. Easy does it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Prometheus was not at all about accuracy. Apollo 13 would be an example of an accurate story. Prometheus was all fantasy.

I liked a movie that Wi didn't. Just an adult conversation here, Jim. Easy does it.
I can't ask a question?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

This is he quote I think I misunderstood. I took it as you asking Wi if the reason he didn't like Prometheus because of either accuracy or fantasy. I read it the wrong way....

So YOU ALL can take it easy!! :)

One question though: what part of Indacup wanting Ginger or Mary Anne r me wanting a light saber is adult?

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
This is he quote I think I misunderstood. I took it as you asking Wi if the reason he didn't like Prometheus because of either accuracy or fantasy. I read it the wrong way....

So YOU ALL can take it easy!! :)

One question though: what part of Indacup wanting Ginger or Mary Anne r me wanting a light saber is adult?

Lol. I think light sabers is a very serious subject. Politics, religion then light sabers.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
The level of dislike I have for Prometheus goes far beyond pure hatred. I despised every second of that film and found absolutely nothing to like.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The level of dislike I have for Prometheus goes far beyond pure hatred. I despised every second of that film and found absolutely nothing to like.
I was pretty disappointed as well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.