• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why can't I switch my driver?!?!

Shootdeuces

Jan 3, 2013
Country
United States United States
Anyone else having this problem?
It's not really a problem.. But I just can't get rid of old faithful.
I've switched my irons numerous times as well as wedges and putters. But this
Titleist 905t has been in my bag forever.
Don't get me wrong, she's consistent 280 carry with 30-40 yards roll. But I feel like these new drivers hasn't really wowed me enough me to replace her or her replacement 905t sitting in my golf shed.... It's mind boggling....
I know shaft is a big part of the resulting numbers. But her feel, her contours, and sounds are irreplaceable.
Hmmm

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
If I consistently hit 310-320 yd drives I wouldn't get rid of my driver either.:rolleyes: But I don't, so I think i'm going to ho the new Covert....:cool:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
OP, you've just about answered your question. If it aint broke, don't fix it. The 905 line of drivers was mighty. No surprise you like it.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
It's amazing how many 280-300 yard driver guys I out drive with my 265 yard drives.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
280 carry is huge...for me and the guys I play with. It's not entirely uncommon though. On one of the courses I play, there is a par 4 with a ditch that crosses the fairway. You have to fly the ball 265 to carry it. I can hit it over with my lowish ball-flight...as long as the wind isn't hurting. My buddy who hits a high fade blows it over with ease.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
...And I'm not trying to brag. I just wanted to make a point that a drive that carries 280 isn't that crazy. Maybe 40 yards of roll afterwards is a little extreme if you're not Dustin Johnson, but hey, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If I go out tomorrow and make an ace, even though it's highly unlikely, I wouldn't really appreciate someone rolling their eyes at me when I told the story. Just sayin.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
CONSISTENTLY 280 carry? I apologize for jumping to conclusions. It is humanly possible I guess, some pros do it all the time.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Isn't the average driving distance on the PGA Tour something like 280?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Isn't the average driving distance on the PGA Tour something like 280?
Bubba Watson led last year with an average of 315. Per the Golfsmith website, the average pro carries 260 with roll out to 287. Those #'s are as of 2011 though!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online