• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why do I only slice my driver?

Justin4423

Aug 2, 2014
Country
United States United States
I can hit irons and woods straight, the only I'm having an issue w is my driver here is me hitting my driver I have read probably 20 reviews on how to change swing but they haven't seen me swing so I'm not sure what applies what do you guys think?

Attachments

• V1Golf11.jpg
    V1Golf11.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 78
OP
Justin4423

Justin4423

Aug 2, 2014
Country
I feel as my right arm is extremely bent the more I watch the videos

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
By the way, I dig your avatar. That's what my ball looks like as it screams into the desert.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm with WBL, it's your grip. Or maybe the face is open. Maybe your over the top. Clearing to early? Late?

Yeah, video would be helpful.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
One nut is hanging lower than the other. Compensate by wearing a lift in the shoe of the higher hanging nut to compensate for the problem.

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
One way to immediately pick up yards and straighten shots is to hit the ball in the center of the face. Sometimes we obsess over swing positions, swing path and angle of attack only to miss the sweet spot.

Start practicing with masking tape. See where you're hitting it on the face.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
One way to immediately pick up yards and straighten shots is to hit the ball in the center of the face. Sometimes we obsess over swing positions, swing path and angle of attack only to miss the sweet spot.

Start practicing with masking tape. See where you're hitting it on the face.
A slice swing hit in the sweet spot is still a slice. But i agree, hitting the screws is often overlooked.

Op - the slice ball flight is caused by the club head being open to the swing path. You can band aide this by using a strong grip to close the face. This will probably cause dead pulls as your swing path is outside in. I would suggest working on getting the swing path more inside to out and keeping the club face square to the target. Try to closer to hitting straight or slightly draw shots.

Check YouTube for swing path videos. Mark Crossfield has lots of good ones.

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Clearly you need to download an app that can measure your swing speed to hip rotation ratio. Once you have a sufficiently robust collection of data ... 10,000 drives should do it ... you need to run it through some factor analysis software and then ship your results off to a PGA approved statistician for further analysis (I hear Dustin Johnson's is free for a few months).

That or move your ball forward in your stance.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Or build a 2 iron like me. Cured it very easily.

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
Hard to explain without a demonstration but make sure you're not swaying. Be sure to feel that tension on you inner thigh in your right leg and focus in an inside to out plane. I hade the Dane problem and I was coming over the top.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
They're now replying to posts? Oh hell no!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.