• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why do I still have this?

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
In light of a recent conversation with R35 I decided to ask this question. What article of clothing or piece of equipment do you still hold on to with absolutely no logical reasoning?

I played Sunday in a rare rainy day...I put on a "rain jacket" that caused my long time playing partner to ask me "if I was actually going to wear that into the clubhouse." It is one of those Slam jackets with the V-neck that sits rolled up in a ball about the size of a softball in the back of my trunk upwards of 900 days in a row. When I finally decide to pull that sucker out it smells like a litter of rats have gone through five generations in it and looks like I left it on the freeway for a week. Yet I expect it to perform flawlessly and am irritated as it absorbs more water than it "resists". When the round is over I roll that b!@%$ up wet and cram it back into the Pioneer speaker hole it came from until its next appearance some time in 2018.

A new one is like $40 right? Yet I won't buy one. Better yet I took my wife and guests out for a $190 dinner the same night. But I simply won't buy a new Slam jacket.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'll try and post a picture of mine tonight if I can find it. It's probably next to my British Knights and my two dozen Molitors that I am saving for a rainy day.

(Except, I can't use the jacket if it's raining, because its a POS.)

R35

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I'll try and post a picture of mine tonight if I can find it. It's probably next to my British Knights and my two dozen Molitors that I am saving for a rainy day.

(Except, I can't use the jacket if it's raining, because its a POS.)

R35

Is it the same one you used that morning at Hawktree in 2009? or was it '08?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Oh, probably. I can't remember that far back. In fact, I'm trying to forget all the times we're together.

R35

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Oh, probably. I can't remember that far back. In fact, I'm trying to forget all the times we're together.

R35

Again, spoken like a true pimp...go ahead and brush yo shoulders off

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You better get out to the range and find some game. Come April, I'm coming down there to whip your ass into next Tuesday.

I'll need a 20 minute range "find my game after 6 months off" warm up, but that should suffice.

R35

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
You better get out to the range and find some game. Come April, I'm coming down there to whip your ass into next Tuesday.

I'll need a 20 minute range "find my game after 6 months off" warm up, but that should suffice.

R35

Oh yeah. How many times have I heard "I just need a few minutes on the range because my first couple of drives are always grounders eh"...then you proceed to pump one down the middle to...about...230. I'm just choosing longer wide open courses this year so your pump and dump doesn't work. We're also switching greens daily so your damn putter doesn't get hot as you start draining everything within 12'. I'm like the Packers of old this year. Growing out my grass to my advantage. Home court baby. Bring your frozen sticks and you had better just hope its somewhere north of 60*F so they thaw by the 15th hole. I might actually work on my short game the week before...actually no, that's a lie, and we both know it. I'm more worried about PJ and his range pass he bought last year. I have this sneaking suspicion he didn't brew more than about 40 oz of beer all summer and was actually spending all his time with Leadbetter.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Is Leadbetter his plow guy? That's an odd last name for an Asian.

P held his own last year, and quite well I might add. Sure, he had some bad holes (we all did - I think I may have hit a ball off a house at SM).

Maybe he needs a jacket circa 1994. All the cool kids have them. V necks rule.

R35

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Is Leadbetter his plow guy? That's an odd last name for an Asian.

P held his own last year, and quite well I might add. Sure, he had some bad holes (we all did - I think I may have hit a ball off a house at SM).

Maybe he needs a jacket circa 1994. All the cool kids have them. V necks rule.

R35

LOL...Not really if you take the time to break it down...Le=My Ad=(_______) Better=better. Perfect Asian name for a "plow guy". And yes he did hold his own since he essentially hadn't golfed since 1997 when he and I snuck onto Mulligans in college. I seem to remember one particularly great hole in Las Vegas where he found an unusually small pond 4 times within 75 yards before picking up an putting an "X" on the card.

I recall being somewhere between my old and new swing and pulled out some real beautes myself. You were the only one playing worth a crap...minus a few grounders ;)

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
I have the same type jacket....and pants. It's my only "rain suit" for golf. Bought it at DSG waaaaay more than 900 days ago. Still serves the purpose. I think I've actually broke it out twice.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
After reading this, I went downstairs and found dead my old white and brown shoes and removed the good spikes, then tossed em out. (The shoes not the spikes )

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.