• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why do the commentators say...

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
United States United States
Why do they say “they are battling it out” like a few weeks ago JT and Morikawa, JT made a 50 footer and Morikawa made a 25 footer “there battling it out? I thought golf was an individual sport, without any competition! Each player against the course low score wins, I did not think they played each other? Or are they just making it sound good?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Perhaps the commentators get "Full Contact Golf" confused with PGA Golf. We don't see a lot of PFCG... Professional Full Contact Golf... still played in the U.S. When I was younger, we warmed up by having "full contact" with the sheep grazing the courses. That got us loosened up enough to try the same "full contact" with our competitors.
I agree. The players may watch the scoreboard to see where they are. If leading, they may play a little more conservative. If a stroke or two behind... or need to pick up a stroke or two to move up a notch in the money... we may see some risk taking. "No balls. No blue chips!"

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Why do they say “they are battling it out” like a few weeks ago JT and Morikawa, JT made a 50 footer and Morikawa made a 25 footer “there battling it out? I thought golf was an individual sport, without any competition! Each player against the course low score wins, I did not think they played each other? Or are they just making it sound good?
As long as there is a first place, they are battling each other. Especially when there is lots more money given to first place.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.