• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why I don't do social media......

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
I use Facebook to keep up with my family, especially those that are geographically distant. I don't use Facebook to make incredibly stupid posts. This person actually graduated from veterinary school? What an idiot. Even if she was bow hunting ferrule cats (also stupid), why brag about publicly? :rolleyes:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Some of the dumbest people I know are also the smartest. I hope you read the time line completely. She even says that the clinic wouldn't fire her because "I'm awesome!!"

She is now awesomely unemployed.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I have email and a phone for keeping in touch with people. I've never created a Facebook account. It's not my thing.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Let's be honest, it was pretty stupid putting that on Facebook.

This is the world we live in. Life is on camera now.

We have a social media policy where I work and it's pretty clear I can be terminated if I put inappropriate stuff up.

I have a Facebook account, mainly for keeping up with family and friends and showing off clubs I've built.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Killing feral cats isn't dumb. They're invasive and will absolutely destroy native bird populations.

I have no problems with her killing the cat. I have no problems with her putting it on Facebook. She's free to do so. She's also free to reap the consequences of that as well.
Was it a feral cat? One story I read had it as a neighbors cat that went missing.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Let's be honest, it was pretty stupid putting that on Facebook.

This is the world we live in. Life is on camera now.

We have a social media policy where I work and it's pretty clear I can be terminated if I put inappropriate stuff up.

I have a Facebook account, mainly for keeping up with family and friends and showing off clubs I've built.
I like that. I'm going to post it on Facebook.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
She thought it was when she skewered it with the arrow. Turns out it was someone's pet.

Was it a feral cat? One story I read had it as a neighbors cat that went missing.
It either is or it isnt. It doesn't change once it's shot or more information is found out. The definition of feral is subject to local law, so I won't speak to her specific situation since I wasn't there and I don't have intimate knowledge of the laws there.

Typically if the cat doesn't have a tag or a collar it can be considered feral. Being someone's pet has no bearing as that's not visually apparent without a collar or tag. Again, this is just general guidelines and local law will define feral.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It either is or it isnt. It doesn't change once it's shot or more information is found out. The definition of feral is subject to local law, so I won't speak to her specific situation since I wasn't there and I don't have intimate knowledge of the laws there.

Typically if the cat doesn't have a tag or a collar it can be considered feral. Being someone's pet has no bearing as that's not visually apparent without a collar or tag. Again, this is just general guidelines and local law will define feral.
Right.

I guess my line of thinking is that if it's a neighbors animal, there is a chance i would recognize that.

Of course it could be an indoor animal...who knows.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Right.

I guess my line of thinking is that if it's a neighbors animal, there is a chance i would recognize that.

Of course it could be an indoor animal...who knows.
I'm guessing if she honestly knew the animal was the neighbors pet she either wouldn't have shot it or if she did wouldn't have put it on facebook.

There are a lot of feral cats. It's not uncommon in rural areas to have massive problems with feral cats as city folk think farms are a great place to dump their unwanted animals.

If they're not taken care of they will reproduce constantly and destroy the rabbit, songbird, and small mammal numbers in the area. Not to mention the amount of cat feces in the garden we eat out of.

What she did and what has happened to her she brought on herself. A lot of people in this world have no idea what rural living involves and wouldn't know how too find their way out of a paper bag without a GPS, cell phone, and the fire department. Yet somehow they think they know what's best for those that still try to live off the land and be self sufficient.

Sorry...rant off.

Members online

No members online now.