• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why I Love Shottalk

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Cmon guys, lets send out some love...

A) Congruence in policy. This is huge for me. The second a leadership deems what is tolerable, and intolerable, without clearly stating it in their own rules, I'm gone. I've left many a forum, and class, before, because of the whims of leadership.

B) The members. Why this forum is great, truly. I've rarely seen such a fine collection of people, with a great plethora of knowledge, experience, and personalities.

C) Myself. I'm here, and I love me, so I like to come here to be with me. :D

Let's hear your reasons for why you love this forum, and appreciate Sling, and our venerable leaders.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
pretty sure c proves jeff is a homo, even if it is himself :laugh:.

its like a family atmosphere almost, everyone knows eachother so well, even though most of us have never and will never meet. Myself I have only met two (four if you count Rock and Crossfire who I've talked at length outside of ST with).

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
A staggering amount of realism. I read a lot of golf forums, but this is the only one I post on with any frequency - I might hit the others if I have the answer to some specific technical question like the lofts of some clubs I happen to own or something, but that's about it. This is the only one I read where people don't all hit 350yd+ drives and need XXX flex shafts in everything they carry. In fact the majority of people here admit that they're not all that good at the game. Humility goes a long way, and I'll bet a lot of these people are better than the majority of the blow-hards I read on so many other boards. When I see a member here with a single digit handicap or mentioning a 330yd drive I actually believe it without hesitation if they're a regular. Everywhere else I immediately dismiss it until the person proves it's true.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The greatest group of golfers resides here. I've never played with anyone I've met in here that I didn't like. That says it all. :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The best thing for me has been the sense of community. Meeting members from around the country and developing relationships that go beyind the computer screen has been a great extension of that community for me.

I enjoy the give and take. Folks here have strong beliefs, but for the most part they also have a sense of humor, and respect others opinions. We police ourselves, and allow the mods to stay mostly "hands-off." That's a testament to Sling's leadership, to the mods lack of ego, and to the regular members' intelligence and good sense.

I truly believe that Shottalk is the model by which many forums should judge themselves.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

A) Congruence in policy. This is huge for me. The second a leadership deems what is tolerable, and intolerable, without clearly stating it in their own rules, I'm gone. I've left many a forum, and class, before, because of the whims of leadership.

B) The members. Why this forum is great, truly. I've rarely seen such a fine collection of people, with a great plethora of knowledge, experience, and personalities.

Let's hear your reasons for why you love this forum, and appreciate Sling, and our venerable leaders.

Liar, you only come back to look at the pics of me and Eracer in plaid! ;)

Shot Talk is like a neighborhood bar where everyone who enters the door is given an equal chance to join in. Those that contribute positively quickly become friends of all. Those that don't (spam) are dealt with quickly, and the members appreciate it.

Once you're here a while, you realize that you've gained friends from around the world who will listen to any problem, laugh at any joke, offer any help they can, respectfully argue any topic, and will genuinely care about you and those you love. You also gain the abuse you would expect, enjoy, and give back only with your closest friends.

I like it here...I plan to stay.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Misery loves company.

No, I'm just kidding. I like being in company of other people who share my infatuation with this game. I also must agree with other aforementioned posts that I love the fact that we make fun of ourselves and each other whether it be stoves that double as heat guns, sheep, buying a new driver 7 weeks after claiming to have found your holy grail, plaid shirts, triple bogey 4 putts, canada in general, aliens, abilities as photographers, razer's calves etc etc. And all those jabs make us closer and more honest with ourselves - who doesn't like that.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006

jeff, the statement B also includes me... why thank you.

and i don't think you're promoting yourself as homo... ;)

i like this forum because futons are broken and shared...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm just here for the sssmokin pics...;)

I like this place because Jeff has this insatiable(sp?) urge to pad his post count...

But mainly its because...(sniffle)...I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! :D

Even though you are a bunch of sick sicko's

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
jeff, the statement B also includes me... why thank you.

and i don't think you're promoting yourself as homo... ;)

i like this forum because futons are broken and shared...

:D Can self-love be labelled as such? :D

I'm just here for the sssmokin pics...;)

I like this place because Jeff has this insatiable(sp?) urge to pad his post count...

But mainly its because...(sniffle)...I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! :D

Even though you are a bunch of sick sicko's

I do not! Jeez, I try to send out good mojo...

Members online