• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why I Love Shottalk

PureStroke

Oct 10, 2008
You know Ive only just joined this forum and I couldnt agree with you more Sir Jeff4i. Everyone on this forum shows maturity and excellent golf knowledge plus they stay in character on almost all their posts and comments to any thread. I used to post on Golfreview hmmmm and found out very quickly that its full of rude and obscene Hackers and duffers IMO. I truly enjoy SHOTTALK and its array of fine members . Thanks to all :beach3:

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, thank you kindly Pure. :)

We do have something very special here. Even for PING and Cleveland users.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Reasons for posting on ShotTalk

1. Because these amateurs would die for MY game and hang on every word... on every tip... dreaming of the day they could achieve the greatness on the course as I have. When history is finally written, the finest three to ever play this game will be Tiger Woods, Michelle Wie, and Limpalong!!!

2. On ShotTalk, everyday is a new adventure. In just a short time, we've seen a person (whose moniker I won't mention) purchase and play every driver that could be manufactured or assembled... each time swearing the one in his hands was THE ONE! Then, came Chapter 2. A G10 became a prayer answered and the romance novel went from the chase to the daily oogling of his new love. Chapter 3... I'm waiting with baited breath!

3. Few golf forums find pictures of some of the finest bags of clubs money can buy posted and ... on the same day... see another forum post pictures of "bull balls"!

4. We've lived through the illness of members and their loved ones... We've seen member's birthdays come and go... We have tried to give support as members have gone through job changes or, in my case, when our son was deployed in Iraq. We, currently, are standing by, waiting for a new arrival at one of our member's homes that has needed some "readjusting" in the womb. Many have become family... have laughed with and prayed with folks we will never have the chance to meet, shake hands with, hug, or (in the case of Claire)... Oh, never mind! I'll get in trouble...

5. One of the best decisions is to have kept the "devil's lair" of a political forum far separated from a/the golf forum. As vehement as political leanings have become, I've certain some of us would discover some vastly different personality traits, should we discuss politics. There's three things that should never be discussed at the dinner table... religion, politics, and sex. To keep things from turning dark and nasty, it is good that we do not tolerate discussion on this forum of religion or politics. As far as sex.... How do we know if Jeff is straight or gay?????

6. And, lastly, this place seems to tolerate my dry sense of humor. My poor golf group is stuck... because I get the tee times! They have to put up with my old jokes and sarcasm and hacking the ball around the course. They either put up with me or play later in the day when the course is backed up. And, until Sling brings out the tazer and I find myself banished to the nether regions of golf forumdom...

This does seem to be a group of just really good people. I, for one, appreciate the work Sling has done to keep it a clean, well disciplined board. Times have become quite difficult in the golf industry. Equipment manufacturers are falling on tough times. Rounds at courses will be falling as more and more people are affected by the current economic conditions. I just hope the good members of this forum can continue to gather and discuss this great game, and the owners/sponsors can continue to support the board.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
That does it! I'm pulling out the heavy artillery here.

atbn0_google_com_images_5c8c4241c777c1430888847128937859._.jpg atbn0_google_com_images_96097f3d3cc41ba44a8f932b2104280a._.jpg atbn0_google_com_images_f230209847529679902998104de92df9._.jpg

Any more of this and we'll all be in diabetic comas. :killersmiley:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
6. And, lastly, ....
Oh come on Limp, no mention of the ESC and just wanting to rip a former KS (Jayhawk no less) resident a new one??

I remember, and am still proud in knowing I am 1/2 responsible in having dragged you out of the woodwork. ;)

Cheers!!!

.... me, I simply do it because everyone is forced to listen as they did not ban me in my early existence. I like MC's analogy, an simply consider myself a local Barfly :D Had there been a K-State alumni available at the time, the decision would have been much easier. :)

Oh, and Claire, here's to you and your cute pictures. :D
202788.jpg

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You know how i know your gay?

You start threads like this...

And in every picture eracer took of you, you either had your back to him(arched of course) or your head was down...:D

:D My back arched? Huh?

Members online

No members online now.