• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why I Love Shottalk

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Limp: unless you've been sucking on a mackeral again, it's bated breath.

I think.

With any luck at all, David will look it up and correct it for me.

:D

I hear limp likes to stick worms in his mouth.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Cmon guys, lets send out some love...

A) Congruence in policy. This is huge for me. The second a leadership deems what is tolerable, and intolerable, without clearly stating it in their own rules, I'm gone. I've left many a forum, and class, before, because of the whims of leadership.

B) The members. Why this forum is great, truly. I've rarely seen such a fine collection of people, with a great plethora of knowledge, experience, and personalities.

C) Myself. I'm here, and I love me, so I like to come here to be with me. :D

Let's hear your reasons for why you love this forum, and appreciate Sling, and our venerable leaders.

Plethora---You go to college or what?

I agree with all above
Along with the PAUCITY of flaming someone just to flame someone.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Plethora---You go to college or what?

I agree with all above
Along with the PAUCITY of flaming someone just to flame someone.

Negative flammatory comments!

I undermine your post!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Oh come on Limp, no mention of the ESC and just wanting to rip a former KS (Jayhawk no less) resident a new one??

I remember, and am still proud in knowing I am 1/2 responsible in having dragged you out of the woodwork. ;)

(Sorry! Just HAD to delte that red-a**ed morphidite monkey from the quote!)
Yep! How quickly an old mind fails and becomes forgetful. Just how long did we argue over the ESC? And, it was so much fun to win an argument with a Jayhawk!! (Ummm, that is how you remember it, don't you??)

And, that's the big world/small world in which we exist, today. My wife and kids and I lived in the hometown of Jayhawk's wife for a number of years. Probably know a number of common acquaintances. Yet, he and I "meet" on a crazy golf forum, discussing in detail the ESC. Me, still stuck here in the boring old midwest, from whence he rescued his bride. They, hobnobbing with the Kennedy's and Rockafeller's in the ritziness of "back East"!!!!

In actuality, I purposely left him out of my earlier narrative. It is difficult for me to convince the fingers to even type the word "Jayhawk". If it weren't for the vision of an overweight, stuffed pigeon... with a belly the size of Mangino... I just could not do it!! But, of course, as poor a football team we have at the other State school....

So many good people on here... so little time....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Limp: unless you've been sucking on a mackeral again, it's bated breath.

I think.

With any luck at all, David will look it up and correct it for me.

:D

Have a good friend who has a source for tins of sardines packed with jalepeno's. I go through two or three of those/week... usually as an evening snack. So... even though proper english may require "bated" breath, I often do have "baited" breath!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Poor McDavis!! He gets promoted to moderator and a thread like this gets started right out of the chute!! I'm sitting here cracking up. He's got to be pulling his hair out, wondering what he got himself into!!!!!

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Poor McDavis!! He gets promoted to moderator and a thread like this gets started right out of the chute!! I'm sitting here cracking up. He's got to be pulling his hair out, wondering what he got himself into!!!!!

You know what? I started this thread with the best of intentions, and trying to send some love out into our Shottalk community! Especially during times where we are oft looking at political, economical, and sociological threads!

I just needed another cal.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Promoted...i'm not sure if thats the correct word for it...lol :D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Anyone who reads this thread and doesn't love this place....is completely sane! ;)

Guess that makes me insane....great thread!!

Limp, you're one of a kind

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
And I thought you promised not to tell Claire about that night we spent together!!!!!

I refuse to understand this entire portion of the thread. :emot-ange

That's on the assumption that he has any hair, right?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I refuse to understand this entire portion of the thread. :emot-ange

Just paint a picture in your mind, Claire... focus.... There, I knew you could imagine Jeff and I... holding hands as we walk by the babbling brook on our way to... Just use your imagination, Claire....:p:p

🔥 Latest posts