• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why I love Tampa.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Here's a little blurb from a recent Sports Illustrated column. I can tell the writer has been here.

"A sign that the Glazers aren't getting complacent after finally winning their first Super Bowl five years ago. Last year they upgraded the Bucs old training facility -- a glorified trailer next to a jumbo-jet landing strip -- by opening a gorgeous facility that measures nearly 150,000 square feet (or the size of the typical Tampa gentleman's club)."

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Here's a little blurb from a recent Sports Illustrated column. I can tell the writer has been here.

"A sign that the Glazers aren't getting complacent after finally winning their first Super Bowl five years ago. Last year they upgraded the Bucs old training facility -- a glorified trailer next to a jumbo-jet landing strip -- by opening a gorgeous facility that measures nearly 150,000 square feet (or the size of the typical Tampa gentleman's club)."

So true!! And ironically many are located close to the airport off Kennedy, conveniently located for the players after a rough day of practice....

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
So true!! And ironically many are located close to the airport off Kennedy, conveniently located for the players after a rough day of practice....

Not a Mons Venus virgin, eh?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Ahhhh Tampa, strip club capitol of the U.S. :mgw:

:D

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The guy on the left is Joe Redner, the kingpin of the Tampa adult industry. Here he is in a debate with his opponent in the race for a County Commission seat. A "heated" argument, to be sure.

Redner actually made it into a run-off this year. He almost got onto the council. I would have started attending the meetings.

YouTube - Debate Ends With Chair Toss

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Tampa. Isn't that the town where the two Panther's cheerleaders got thrown out of the Superbowl for having sex with each other in the rest room?

As Frank would say, "My kind of town......" :laugh:

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Back in 1998 I worked in Tampa setting up the video distribution network of a "voyeur cam" house there. I also made friends with a few of the girls a couple of whom worked at Mons Venus and some of the other gentlemen's clubs.

It was probably the most interesting job I've ever done. Those girls live in a totally different world from the rest of us... some of the stories I heard were incredible. I still have some great pictures but I can't post them here. :D

I did have a lot of fun though and am still friends with one of the girls I met there.

Another good thing about working for those guys is they have money and their checks don't bounce. :laugh:

It definitely changed my ideas about the "adult entertainment" business though. It's not at all what it seems and generally pretty sleazy. I spent a week there and by the time I left I really felt sorry for most of the girls.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Back in 1998 I worked in Tampa setting up the video distribution network of a "voyeur cam" house there. I also made friends with a few of the girls a couple of whom worked at Mons Venus and some of the other gentlemen's clubs.

It was probably the most interesting job I've ever done. Those girls live in a totally different world from the rest of us... some of the stories I heard were incredible. I still have some great pictures but I can't post them here. :D

I did have a lot of fun though and am still friends with one of the girls I met there.

Another good thing about working for those guys is they have money and their checks don't bounce. :laugh:

It definitely changed my ideas about the "adult entertainment" business though. It's not at all what it seems and generally pretty sleazy. I spent a week there and by the time I left I really felt sorry for most of the girls.

I think I know exactly who you're talking about (next door to 2001?). We sold them some of the video gear. I agree. Pretty sleazy stuff.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Tampa. Isn't that the town where the two Panther's cheerleaders got thrown out of the Superbowl for having sex with each other in the rest room?

As Frank would say, "My kind of town......" :laugh:

They were in the restroom at the Hooters in Channelside. They serve liquor at that one (most only do beer) and I understand that it was quite a party. Those two were the only ones who got busted. Oh to be a fly on THAT wall, eh?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.