• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why were Appleby and Lickliter DQ?

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Noticed that yesterday, what would they have to do to get disqualified?

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
signing the wrong scorecard is the most common DQ...
Yeah I've seen guys DQed because they never switched scorecards at the start of the round -- scored and signed for the other person. Their parents were not happy at the tournament directors :hunter:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Googleing finds both signed incorrect scorecards. Lickliter shot a +11, 83 and no explanation as to what his scorecard error was. Appleby signed for a 5 on 18 when he should have carded a 6.

OP
mont86

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Yeah I've seen guys DQed because they never switched scorecards at the start of the round -- scored and signed for the other person.
What do you mean switched at the start of the round?

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
What do you mean switched at the start of the round?

in tourneys, you are supposed to keep your playing partners score.. then when you switch back at the end, you are responsible for making sure that they scored it correctly, as if they make a mistake, it is your fault...

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
in tourneys, you are supposed to keep your playing partners score.. then when you switch back at the end, you are responsible for making sure that they scored it correctly, as if they make a mistake, it is your fault...

I got DQ'd the first tournament I ever played in high school for that. I was so damn excited just to be playing that I totally lost my head.
:faintthud

It never happened again though...

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
I got DQ'd the first tournament I ever played in high school for that. I was so damn excited just to be playing that I totally lost my head.
:faintthud

It never happened again though...

when i was a senior, one of the freshman did that... even though the coach treated us like 2 year olds, and on the first tee switched the magruder with BCC, and the WJ, with sherwood.... that kid was crazy though, he was also terrible at golf....

🔥 Latest posts