• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why you like game improvement irons

Tennessee

Jan 31, 2014
Cleveland, TN
Country
United States United States
Last spring I finally parked my Bridgestone Precepts, and bought into the hype, hybrid irons. I bought a set of closeout PowerBilt hybrids online. Got them for a lousy $169 delivered to my door, 4-PW with a traditional 56' SW. Senior shafts. Last year was the final year for those clubs, although they played to rave reviews online and in a couple stores where I tried them out. Golf World wanted $400 for the same set, no thanks...
After the shock of looking at a two inch thick nine iron, I found that they are easier to hit straight, easier on the body, easier to connect with. They sweep through long grass easier, and I don't chili dip anymore. I've always had trouble with long irons, so using the hybrid woods and the hybrid irons, that problem in no longer in my bag. Now my problems have moved to my driver and my putter...

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I don't like GI irons. My cap says I should be using them, but I don't like the look of them and honestly I don't shoot any better with them. I suck the same either way so I stick with more playa-ish irons.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
What do you think of these?

HB 516 Iron
I can't see the top line, offset, or how thick the sole is. Hard to tell. Sole thickness doesn't matter as much as the other two. I got a smokin deal on some G5's last year, about as forgiving as they come right? I didn't hit them any better than my Pi7's. Worse actually.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
As a matter of fact, i'm considering selling my W/S Ci9's because they really offer me nothing other than an extra set of irons. They are "players cavity back". Thinner top line, medium size head, progressive offset, cavity back, blah blah blah... Again, I don't hit them any better than the Pi7's, maybe worse.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
What do you think of these?

HB 516 Iron
If you want blades... buy blades. If you want a perimeter weighted cavity back... buy that. Taylor Made tried the "hollow blade" design back with their ICW series of irons back in the early 90's. They were a flop. These KZG's are cast, yet made to look like forged blades. They are perimeter weighted, yet made to look like blades. They're "posers"....

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
If you want blades... buy blades. If you want a perimeter weighted cavity back... buy that. Taylor Made tried the "hollow blade" design back with their ICW series of irons back in the early 90's. They were a flop. These KZG's are cast, yet made to look like forged blades. They are perimeter weighted, yet made to look like blades. They're "posers"....
Agreed, but nut had said his game called for GI irons but preferred the look of blades. Waboom...inner webs to the rescue!!!

Members online

No members online now.