• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wild Dreams

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I've always had vivid dreams in full color...most of the time they are quite mundane and involve something that is going on with work or family. I forget them within a day or so of waking up.

Sometimes though - they are wild as hell. Last night I woke up my wife while 'running in my sleep'. She had to shake me up several times.

I was dreaming I was in the Mafia and they were having a big carnival, but had decided to take down several members that they did not like by throwing bombs at them.

Unfortunately, I was one of the targets....and found myself running through the steets of an Italian town desperately trying to evade the bombs as they threw them from unseen positions in doorways along narrow streets and alleys...

In other dreams, I've played basketball for the LA Lakers (one of my alltime favorites). Really loved the purple and gold uniform as I put it on the first time...I've been an undercover agent working in Europe and a sewer worker in New York City.

You never know what's gonna happen once the state of consciousness gets changed....

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I had a dream last night that I was on a ship that was sinking. All I could really focus on was how large and silver the tarpon were that were schooling around the hull of the ship.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Over the years, I have found that if I get too warm while sleeping, I tend to have nightmares. They usually involved corpses without head and axes.

yech.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have the same dream alot. It's exactly the same, no change.

I wonder if that means anything.

:laugh:

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004

:laugh:

R35

Is the dream about excessive repetitiveness per chance??:D :D

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
My dreams are usually good as well but last weekend's were not so great.

Had two dreams in the same night where I woke up just before I was going to be shot. Both dreams were basically being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Incredible how real it seems.

No dreams like that before or since.

Years ago I did have the same dream over and over where I was driving on a very curvy mountain road and drove over the edge. I always woke up before hitting bottom though. :eek:

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
man there must be something wrong with me i hardly ever dream anymore.used to as a kid but havent had many dreams in yrs.

the only dreams now seem to always envolve sex either with an ex or some hottie id seen in the past few days.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
When I used to take Karate I would fight in my sleep. One time I put my foot through the wall next to the bed (knocking down all the pictures also).

One other time I gave my wife a backfist to the nose. That's when I quit taking Karate.... :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Once I had a dream that there was a burglar in the house and I was chasing him around and when I swung to hit him, I actually hit my girls in the nose. Whoops!

I get delirious when I'm 1/2 awake. I don't have control over my actions, but I'm acting out, even though I am responding to a dream. One example is I was leaning up, and looking at the clock. It was 8 AM, but in my mind it was 2 PM. So I dreamt that I saw it was 2, I was really late, and started cursing and getting ready. I came to leaning up looking at the clock. Another example is I was dreaming that there was this huge monster on the side of my bed, I had my eyes open and was looking past my girl and she was watching me. When in my dream I saw the monster, I said, "HOLY ****" out loud and it scared the crap out of her in part to the look in my eyes.

I also laugh, talk, and cry in my sleep. I love dreams though.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I used to have very vivid, very real, very clear, very perverted, full color dreams of sex with gorgeous young girls. How come I don't have those anymore? :(

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I used to have very vivid, very real, very clear, very perverted, full color dreams of sex with gorgeous young girls. How come I don't have those anymore? :(

Cuz they got sick of you punching them in the nose in your sleep. ;)

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You wanna hear some crazy $hit....

I used to have a have a real problem with this thing where I'd dream I was awake and lying there paralyzed. Room was exactly as if I was awake but I was really in like full REM mode. I'd be having a "nightmare" that someone was trying to break in and kill me.

I woke up and yelled quite a few times but one time it was really bad. I had seen a face in the bathroom window, across from the bedroom, in my dream. I was paralyzed while this figure was trying to remove the screen and get in. Well, I woke up for real, don't really remember much at first except hearing the sound of my own voice yelling. I ran across the bedroom, into bathroom and dove headfirst out the window, which thanfully was up. I was 3/4 of the way out on the roof, screen fell down into the road, and I had nearly taken out the window as my shoulder blades caught it going though.

That scared the crap out of me as I had no idea what I was doing for a solid 10seconds. I could kill someone or myself in that amount of time. I talked to a shrink about it after that. Stress and anxiety I guess. GF and anyone else now is warned not to wake me up and startle me. My current GF has seen me wake up, jump out of bed and yell, taking an agressive stance and looking around for 3 or 4 seconds but nothing physical. She is now extremely careful not to startle me. This morning she got up at 6am and stood outside the room, waking me before she came in to dress after showering.

I now absolutely refuse to watch "scary" movies and try to limit even the more dramatic movies, like war and such. I've been killed 100 different ways in my dreams. Here is an example:I was a Medieval knight and knocked from my horse by the enemy. Lying in the mud, wind knocked out of me bad and broken ribs, he cut my left arm off... I remember I could actually feel the pain and the thought of how much more it was going to hurt as he raised his sword again to take off my right arm. So, yeah, little overactive imagination there I guess.

One that had me really bothered a few months ago. I drove by the Station Night Club fire scene and had a reoccuring dream. I was actually a woman... I was trapped beneath the burning, screaming, bodies. Choking and being crushed, I felt the heat start to burn my flesh. The smell, the screams, the pain, all too real and I really wonder whether I have some sort of odd "sixth sense" or something. I have had a very "near death" experience in which my friend was killed. I thought of maybe looking at some pics of the fire victims, I know exactly what this woman looked like from my dream.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Amazing how the human mind works. They still haven't a clue on why this stuff happens... Before I took (REAL Okinawan Shorin Ryu) karate I never could move from what was happening in my dreams. Karate "turns you on" to another force which allowed me to swing in my sleep. If you want to try something for an example, find two people about the same size. Have one person go behind the other and lift them up. It won't be too hard for them to do. Then take the "liftee" aside and tell them to visualize that their feet were growing roots and they were a tree solidly imbeded in the soil. The "lifter" does not know what you told them. Then have the "lifter" try to lift the "liftee" again the same way and see what happens. After you've seen that try and explain it. The "liftee" doesn't go dead weight so that's not the answer. If the "liftee" doesn't truly believe the tree root thing it won't work. There's some mental power few ever "tap" into. And no, I'm not crazy. This works. (This is why true karate, not the stuff you see on movies/tv is so awesome. When someone strikes from a solid base like this the power generated is unbelieveable. My "sensei" could generate 2,000 lbs of force with his strikes) :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
.......Here is an example:I was a Medieval knight and knocked from my horse by the enemy. Lying in the mud, wind knocked out of me bad and broken ribs, he cut my left arm off... I remember I could actually feel the pain and the thought of how much more it was going to hurt as he raised his sword again to take off my right arm. So, yeah, little overactive imagination there I guess.

"It's just a flesh wound...":laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
"It's just a flesh wound...":laugh:

Yeah. What's nuts is I could see the half cut, half broken bone and a vien with blood squirting out. I felt my heart beating 100mph while I got dizzy and lightheaded. Shoulder twitching, nerves trying to pull an arm that wasn't there back close to my body.

Anyone else actually "feel" pain in dreams? How about actual physical reactions, like heart rate, sweating, loss of breath?

🔥 Latest posts