• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will Phil win in '09

Will Phil win?

• Of course he will, it's Phil we're talking about!

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Nope... 0-for in 2009

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I bet he doesn't. I've never seen him ALL over the place, as well as horrid putting at the same time. Plus his head just seems to be off. I like Phil.. but man... I really had some pretty high hopes for him to start fast this year.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I don't know what is going on now, but I'm positive he will turn it around. Too much talent not to.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Im gonna say no. Even if he gets his game straightened out, with Tiger coming back and with Sergio and Camilo playing well I dont see it happening.
Phil seems to me like he really doesnt even care anymore. On several instances I saw him hit terrible shots this weekend and he didnt even act like it bothered him and he just continued on like nothing happened.
C'mon, Phil, at least show a little passion.
Phil has his chance to dominate last year with Tiger out and he didnt get the job done.

Shawn Slice

Feb 1, 2009
Yeah, Phil seems to be having a bit of trouble this year. I hope that he works it out soon :)

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I don't know what is going on now, but I'm positive he will turn it around. Too much talent not to.

I just don't have a lot of faith in his game upstairs... I mean.. switching putters twice in one tourney... yeeeesh!

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Ol man-cans looks like he is really struggling this year. There is obviously something going on between the ears that is behind his slump. I think it may be an after effect of his 2006 US Open meltdown. He was standing on the 72nd tee mere minutes away from a third successive major and a shot at a slam, and the first genuine challenge to Tiger. But five minutes later his tournament and his often fragile psyche was in ruins. It seemed like all the hard work he had done over the previous two or three years to take his game to a level above evry other golfer besides Tiger just ebbed away like water through sand, and he was back to his bad old ways. I honestly think his problems started right there. The emotional impact of choking that tournament away seems in hindsight to be like a stake through his heart. Before that hole he had that confidence and aura about him that only the great champions have. But since then he hasn't been sighted in a major, and it seems to have flowed on into his regular tournament play. I don't see him recovering any time soon and I think his game is no where near good enough to win anything this year. His last round today was particularly worrying. He played like he didn't care.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I agree. His problem isnt his mechanics or anything to do with his swing, its his decision making and course management.
All too often he goes for it when he should play it safe. Maybe he needs a new caddie who can make him stop and think instead of just going for it all the time.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Personally, I think he needs to run far away from Pelz, run as fast and as far as he can. Maybe straight to Bob Rotella and get his mental game back in order. That being said, I still think he will win this year. it may be a turny that Tiger isn't in, but he will win.

Loy

Have you seen my ball?
Feb 9, 2009
I don't think Phil is done winning majors but I think he goes winless this year

He really has looked bad the last 2 weekends.

His putting today was...painful to watch

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Even a blind squirrel finds a nutt once in a while. My guess is he will find his gave at some point in the season and hold it together for 72 holes.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Yes, I'm sure he'll win a tournament at least this year. Might not be The Maters lol, But surely he'll find a way to win one...

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
On a serious note I hope he does cause I like Phil, but the beginning of this season has shown that there are others out there who want it a lot more than he does right now. As much as i'd like to see him win I would put money that Zach Johnson will win another or two before Phil wins one.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.