• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will Phil win in '09

Will Phil win?

• Of course he will, it's Phil we're talking about!

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Nope... 0-for in 2009

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I feel bad for Stricker, would have been great to see a wisconsin boy win it. Feel bad for Couples as well, plays excellent & then totally bungles the 2nd shot on the 18th sending it into the trees.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
I think its hilarious. The whole "Phail" thing. They posted the stats on the broadcast today. After a 54 hole lead, he's like 6-5 after being tied, 3-1 with a 1 stroke lead, 2-1 after a 2 stroke lead, 3-1 with a 3 stroke lead, and 3-0 with 4 or more stroke lead. Not exactly giving it away too often. Although, he just bogied 13 to go one down.

Phil's lead W-L
4 or more 4-0
Three 1-1
Two 2-1
One 6-1
Tied 6-5
Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3926751

Not bad. 13-3 with an actual 54-hole lead.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
LOL. 35 Tour wins and 3 majors. That's one lucky squirrel.

EDIT: Thanks for the correction, Dave. It was something like that!

Not only that, but if my math is right, he has 16 wins when NOT leading after 54 holes. ( AKA, as many wins as Els, for example, has in his career. ) There are also some pretty good golfers behind Mickelson on the all-time list... Trevino, and Player, for two.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Well he proved me wrong... for a little while there it was looking like Phail was going to show up.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Somehow when Phails ahead I start rooting for him. Don't know what defect I have but I do. That leads to his usually disappointing me at the end and me being PO'd at myself for rooting for him. I switched channels after the 16th hole figuring Striker had him. Two stroke lead with two to play (one for Striker). Then I turn it back on to see the last hole and Phil has a one stroke lead again. ????????????? Strange game and strange golfer. He was NOT playing good up until the end. :confused:

I wouldn't mind having that chunky squirrels wins & $$$$$.

Wi-Golfer

His wife ain't bad either!! :D

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Say what you will about Phil, be it the ridiculous white belt, the overly short pants, the bad hair or the B cup, but the man has tremendous game, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. JMHO

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Phil just got lucky that his only competitions were even worse chokers than him. Stricker gagged spectacularly, and do we really have to comment on Couples choke job. That tournament should go down as the official 2009 PGA Tour chokeathon. All it needed was Sergio El Choko stinking it up and the whole choker gang would have been there.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Phil just got lucky that his only competitions were even worse chokers than him. Stricker gagged spectacularly, and do we really have to comment on Couples choke job. That tournament should go down as the official 2009 PGA Tour chokeathon. All it needed was Sergio El Choko stinking it up and the whole choker gang would have been there.

Wow, are you ever positive in a single thread?

🔥 Latest posts