• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter Projects??

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
0ZvnHID.gif

IUIgBRN.gif

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
This is how they looked coming out of self clean cycle...that's not rust...that's the carbonized shit coming out of the pores of the iron...it just falls off.

I had to give them both a bath in a vinegar solution to scrub the rust off...I'll get pics tonight of the first seasoning.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
This is how they looked coming out of self clean cycle...that's not rust...that's the carbonized shit coming out of the pores of the iron...it just falls off.

I had to give them both a bath in a vinegar solution to scrub the rust off...I'll get pics tonight of the first seasoning.

Sure seems like a lot of work when you could purchase a Paula Dean autograph skillet for about $9.95... and probably have a picture of her on the hang-tag.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Sure seems like a lot of work when you could purchase a Paula Dean autograph skillet for about $9.95... and probably have a picture of her on the hang-tag.
This is the equivalent of putting with a 7 year old putt-putt putter, and a custom built Scotty Cameron.

Both will get it done...but there's a solid reason one costs far more than the other.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
One of my buddies uses a 45 year old hickory shafted brass blade putter - he's about a 20 handicapper but without that putter, he'd be a 30.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
The general contractor that built our house has become a pretty good friend and we got the BSing the other day and he mentioned one of his buddies plays golf and does club repair. He gave me his number and long story short is pulling the graphite shafts out of my irons and wedges for me.

For free.

Winning!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.