• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wisconsin Native Steve Stricker Looking for a Spot in U.S. Open at Erin Hills

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Steve Stricker
(Allison)​
STEVE STRICKER IS A WISCONSIN GUY (Edgerton) and the U.S. Open will be played in Wisconsin at Erin Hills in less than a month.

But as Golf Channel's Rex Hoggard reported, the 50-year-old Stricker is not exempt to play in the 2017 U.S. Open. And time is running out. Nonetheless, Stricker will try to earn a spot after his request for a special exemption was turned down.

"I asked for a spot and I didn't think I would get one," Stricker said. "I figured I'd try to qualify and get in and I'm also playing a few events trying to get in that way."

Unlike many of his peers, Stricker has actually played Erin Hills "about five years ago," but he'll have to dial up his game a notch or two if he wants to tee it up there in the U.S. Open in a few weeks.

Stricker will try to qualify at a 36-hole U.S. Open sectional qualifier in Memphis, Tennessee, on June 5. He has made 19 appearances in the U.S. Open, with four top-10 finishes. His last appearance was 2014.

Source: Wisconsin Native Steve Stricker Looking for a Spot in U.S. Open at Erin Hills

🔥 Latest posts