• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Women Versus Men?

PuttingFan

Sep 26, 2010
There aren't many opportunities for women to compete head-to-head with men in sports. The physical differences are just too great. However, one such opportunity does exist in golf and it's on the putting green. The 2012 U.S. Putting Tour Championship's Pro Division is open to all golfers, men and women, ages 13 and older. On the Amateur side, there are separate divisions for men, women, seniors (men and women together) and juniors (boys and girls together).

Why not pit women versus men to see who comes out as America's Best Putter? What are your thoughts? Separate divisions or mano-a-mano?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
One of the areas where the LPGA falls short of the PGA is putting statistics. The PGA Tour players seem to just be better putters. Does this mean men are better putters than ladies? No way! It simply means the elite of the PGA are better at putting than the elite of the LPGA.
As amateurs go... as we who hack away on weekends go, I would imagine there are many ladies who are better putters than I. I would have no problem opening up a "Putting Championship" to both genders.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
One of the areas where the LPGA falls short of the PGA is putting statistics. The PGA Tour players seem to just be better putters. Does this mean men are better putters than ladies? No way! It simply means the elite of the PGA are better at putting than the elite of the LPGA.
As amateurs go... as we who hack away on weekends go, I would imagine there are many ladies who are better putters than I. I would have no problem opening up a "Putting Championship" to both genders.

There was an article in GD about why women don't putt as well as men on the pro tours. I can't recall a definitive answer to this question though.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
There was an article in GD about why women don't putt as well as men on the pro tours. I can't recall a definitive answer to this question though.

Well, they do have less space-geometrical third dimension abstract thinking physiologically, as it has to be trained rather than being born with, so that might be the answer...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, they do have less space-geometrical third dimension abstract thinking physiologically, as it has to be trained rather than being born with, so that might be the answer...
Is that just the scientific way of saying "they're blonde"??

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Is that just the scientific way of saying "they're blonde"??
Hehehehe no, it is just a scientific fact men have a better propioception and space relation than women

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
X... you're a doc. You're a professional at knowing the indiosyncricies of the male/female anatomy. I would expect you to have the facts. Me... I'm just a tired out old man, married 46 years to a blonde and raised two "blonde" daughters. (Both of those daughters have brown hair, but are just as "blonde" as their mother!) :>)

🔥 Latest posts