• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World Golf League - Round Recaps

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I thought I'd start a thread for tales of woe, and tales of glee, specifically for rounds played for the Shot Talk World Open. Post your stories of the "thrill of victory", as well as of "the agony of defeat".

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I played badly (10 Points), for the following reasons.

1) I'm a crap golfer
2) It was wet and windy
3) It was the first time i'd played the course
4) I'm a s**t golfer.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
69.8 Course Rating
Windy
Greens aerated and sanded

Hit 5 fairways, but most misses weren't bad.
Hit 1 GIR. Pin high most of the time.
34 putts. Not bad considering the aerated greens and the fact that I threw away AT LEAST 20 SHOTS ON CHUNKED, SCULLED, WEAK, CRAPPY chips and short pitches. 3 to 4 shots from around the green to get 20 feet from the hole.

I should have shot 84 and shot 101. Truly and utterly pathetic. And I chip so damn well in practice. I've got to figure out how to fix this. Either that, or work ONLY on my mid-irons, to get my GIR numbers up, so I don't have to chip.

Well teammates - I posted a low Stableford score (12 points). It's got to get better from here.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
After playing my best round ever yesterday, when it didn't f****g count!!, today I was back to hacking. Shot a 98, and got 14 points for the USA.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
First round of '06 for me. Opened the front with a lost ball on 1, two lost balls on 3 (one in the freaking fairway..wtf?) and hobbled my way to a 45 through 9 holes. Barf.

Missed two eagle putts on the back nine inside of 8 feet. Frick. Shot 35 on the back, -3.

Obviously I had some rust. Putter needs work and so does the iron game, especially the long irons.

Opening 80 with a 45. I'll take it.:)

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Played what must be a fairly easy course for up here 67.6/123 Par 71, although I usually do not play it as well as the others. Today was no exception. I had a 101 and posted a 12 (6 on the last 5 holes, and 4 on the last 2) on the Stableford. The greens were still suffering from airation from last year and I had 34 putts which was my worst putting in the last 5-6 rounds, although that is no excuse because I shot in the low 90's just 2 weeks ago and in the 80's my last round there last year, and did not putt well then either, nor do I ever putt well on this course. The airation may have cost me a couple points. My driver let me down, and I paid for it on the par 5's which is where you can score on this course, and has 2 par 5's which are the few I can reach in 2 anywhere, today I only reach 1 of them in 3. Almost all of the par 3's are 200+ yards.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
My round today was a decent one, shot 40 - 42 total 82 which is a good round for me. Back to back birdies on #4 and #5 made me think I was almost a golfer.
six bogeys, 7 pars and two birdies had me at 28 points, which I fear will be hard to repeat. On the other hand the three other holes were only doublebogeys.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I must be a spaz. lol. I can't figure this thing out. I played a horrid round due to 5 holes the course put in to make 18 across the street. It could hardly be called golf over there. I had a 104 with a total of 36 strokes on those 5 holes. I entered the course and slope?? I got a quota of 167? What's up with that and where do I enter the score towards the quota?

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
ezra76 said:
I must be a spaz. lol. I can't figure this thing out. I played a horrid round due to 5 holes the course put in to make 18 across the street. It could hardly be called golf over there. I had a 104 with a total of 36 strokes on those 5 holes. I entered the course and slope?? I got a quota of 167? What's up with that and where do I enter the score towards the quota?

Yea ezra, you kinda messed up there.
1. dont enter the slope enter the course rating ( it would be 72.2 if the course was listed as 72.2/114.)

it is not stroke play but stableford. you gets points not strokes.
one point for bogey
two points for par
four points for birdie
eight points for eagle
12 points for a albatross

more than bogey equals zero

if your round was 7 doublebogeys, 6 bogeys, 4 pars, and one birdie you scored
7 x 0 = 0
6 x 1 = 6
4 x 2 = 8
1 x 4 = 4
total 18 points

i had 3 double bogeys, 6 bogeys 7 pars and 2 birdies 3x0 + 6x1 + 7x2 + 2x4 =28 points on a course rated at 68.2 so my quota is now 26 points. I am curious as to how course rating is used to adjust quota. BD? the formula? Seems strange (but fair actually) that my quota was adjusted down on a rating that is less than par)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Oh so score is the stableford score?? I guess I just scored 104 for the US until somone fixes it. :) I had 3 pars and 3 bogies actually. I guess it's good to play like crap the first time out though. No offense to the site creator but it is possible to set the boxes up to only accept 2 digits or have seperate ones for par, birdie ect. I have a feeling I won't be the last one to F it up.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I shot 85
Truely disapointing although I have the excuse that the greens were sanded it was blowing a gale and the golf god hates me.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
ezra76 said:
I guess I just scored 104 for the US until somone fixes it. :)
Yeah, but now with your established handicap, you will probably not score another point for us the rest of the year. So over the course of say 30 weeks, that averages out to about 3 1/2 points a week.
:)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
So is this first week just to get a baseline, or does it determine who is leading?

And how bad are we (USA) getting spanked? :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.