• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World Golf League - Round Recaps

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
The quiet eye turned into the lazy eye in my round. Played a total of 5 holes with no points.

9 bogeys= 9pts
4 pars= 8 pts

Missed birdie putts on all of the pars including a 5 footer on 18 and for the first time in 3 years I had no birdies for a round of 18. I have no excuses, I have no reasons, I have only regrets and scoring left on the course. I vow this will be my worst round of the year. A 17 is a miserable, miserable score.

Oh wait, I do have an excuse. I didn't partake until the 16th hole. Never make that mistake again.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
longiron said:
Not sure i entered my score right shot 74 with 36 points i think.

Good job. That ought to help cover my meager 9pts. I hope to contribute over the long hual.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
This week is just to determine your baseline. Nothing is achieved this week. In fact, it's better for your team if you play like shit this week (just don't do it intentionally) because then you have a better chance of being over quota in future weeks.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
In fact, it's better for your team if you play like shit this week (just don't do it intentionally) because then you have a better chance of being over quota in future weeks.

Hot damn! I'm gold!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Silver said:
In fact, it's better for your team if you play like shit this week (just don't do it intentionally) because then you have a better chance of being over quota in future weeks.
Yeah, I guess I'm good as gold also. My wife and I play competitively during our rounds also. Fortunately I won by 1 with the same system by parring the last 2 holes. My 3 pars and 6 bogies just didn't cut it. I think I will make it a point to not play that particular course on Sundays from now on.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Silver said:
This week is just to determine your baseline. Nothing is achieved this week. In fact, it's better for your team if you play like shit this week (just don't do it intentionally) because then you have a better chance of being over quota in future weeks.

That's great. I shot my worst round at that course in the last 2yrs. I shot a 94 there in Feb., my god. I am on the hunt for a new weekend course now anyway. My reg. course has tournaments and tee times till after 5 booked months in advance. I need to find one for under $30 with a lot of dogleg right holes and par 3's under 185. May have to venture out of RI to find one. My old home course was just sold and they are going to tear it up and build condos. :mad:

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
It seems poor, poor BD is going to have to do a lot of fixing this week. The ROTW team is already LEADING BY 42 POINTS! Which can't possibly be because, at MOST, each player should only have ONE SCORE posted. Which determines your baseline this week as previously stated.

Plus, to beat your STABLEFORD SCORE by 42 POINTS, would be just about impossible. The 42 points they are ahead could be a couple of folks posting wrong but who knows.

I feel quite bad for poor BD this time of year. Getting everyone to post correctly seems to be a mountain to climb both years. No matter how many posts are made on the subject.

I shot a crappy 83 in the rain for a whopping 25 points. Left a 6 foot eagle putt 8 inches short. Down hill. Ugh.

I'm looking forward to next Sunday already. I doubt I'll play in worse conditions the rest of the year.

Good luck to you BD in sorting out the database, on both sides. :usflag:

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Augster said:
It seems poor, poor BD is going to have to do a lot of fixing this week. The ROTW team is already LEADING BY 42 POINTS! Which can't possibly be because, at MOST, each player should only have ONE SCORE posted. Which determines your baseline this week as previously stated.

Plus, to beat your STABLEFORD SCORE by 42 POINTS, would be just about impossible. The 42 points they are ahead could be a couple of folks posting wrong but who knows.

I feel quite bad for poor BD this time of year. Getting everyone to post correctly seems to be a mountain to climb both years. No matter how many posts are made on the subject.

I shot a crappy 83 in the rain for a whopping 25 points. Left a 6 foot eagle putt 8 inches short. Down hill. Ugh.

I'm looking forward to next Sunday already. I doubt I'll play in worse conditions the rest of the year.

Good luck to you BD in sorting out the database, on both sides. :usflag:
We can all thank The Master. Please, everyone, a huge round of applause for TM, who

(a) never responded to play this year, so his profile didn't get reset (meaning his scores immediately effected team results and he played against last year's quota), and

(b) posted 2 rounds for this week, incorrectly, which gave the team a score in the 40s.

Aug, I really don't mind. I could have made it easier on myself by designing the thing a little more complex and giving you guys rights to make some of these corrections. It's partly my own doing.

Master, I have taken your scores as a desire to participate and reset everything on your profile, along with the round entries, and the ROTW results. Pease reenter your round (STABLEFORD score) at your leisure.

Thanks.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
bdcrowe said:
We can all thank The Master. Please, everyone, a huge round of applause for TM, who

(a) never responded to play this year, so his profile didn't get reset (meaning his scores immediately effected team results and he played against last year's quota), and

(b) posted 2 rounds for this week, incorrectly, which gave the team a score in the 40s.

Aug, I really don't mind. I could have made it easier on myself by designing the thing a little more complex and giving you guys rights to make some of these corrections. It's partly my own doing.

Master, I have taken your scores as a desire to participate and reset everything on your profile, along with the round entries, and the ROTW results. Pease reenter your round (STABLEFORD score) at your leisure.

Thanks.
Adam Pettman, I envy your score of 79 stableford points. I envy it so much that I have deleted the round. Please reenter the round at your convenience in a STABLEFORD FORMAT.

Thanks, bro...

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Ladies and Gentlemen, bdcrowe is taking names and kicking ass!!! :D

Call the hawgs!!
Call the hawgs!!
Call the hawgs!!
Soooeeeee!!!!!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Hey, I'm a low-key, non-confrontational guy... :D

My PM box is too small for all of the tourney communications, and public posting of these little things is a good reminder for everyone. No one get your panties twisted. I'm not picking on anyone. Well, maybe a little, but all in fun. :)

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Hey BD, are you playing? Or just administrating.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I'm playing. Couldn't get out Sunday, and raining all week, so I'm still looking forward to posting a round.

🔥 Latest posts