1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World Handicap System

Discussion in 'General Golf Talk' started by TEA Time, Apr 20, 2020.

1. TEA Time

TEA Time Grumpy Gilmore Staff Member Admin

United States United States
    Admin Post
    Have you guys noticed anything different with your handicap? I was talking to one guy who said his went from 3 to a +2 because of the WHS. Mine has not changed at all, at least not according to the USGA site. Maybe he misinterpreted it.

2. limpalong

limpalong Mental Ward Escapee Supporting Member

This from the WHS FAQ'S. Our State association told us our caps could go either up or down when the new system kicked in. I didn't see a whole lot of difference in mine. Mine is still ridiculously too low!! If I plan on playing any tournaments this year, I MUST begin only entering my bad... every bad... rounds!!

My Handicap Index changed under the World Handicap System. Why?

Your Handicap Index in 2020 is based on the modernized Rules of Handicapping and is more responsive to good scores by averaging your eight best scores out of your most recent 20. Under the previous USGA Handicap System, 10 of 20 scores with a .96 multiplier was used. In most cases for golfers in the U.S., your Handicap Index changed less than one stroke. So, if you notice that your Handicap Index is different despite not having played, this is why!

3. TEA Time

TEA Time Grumpy Gilmore Staff Member Admin

Admin Post
    "I didn't see a difference (too low) so I need to sandbag if I want to play tournaments"???

fuk that guy.