• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

World Junior Championship

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
With the World Junior Hockey Championship about to start on Boxing Day in Ottawa, I thought that I would start a thread to see how many shottalkers will be watching or even care about this tournament.

I know for one that I will be watching Canada's attempt at five straight gold medals, but from what I have heard the Swedes and the Americans are bith supposed to have very good teams as well, which should make for a good tournament.

Go Canada!!!

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I will follow it enough to see the scores, but won't watch all of the games. I'm a big University of North Dakota hockey fan and I know we always have players from the world juniors come play at UND. Go Sioux!

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
I will be watching! My high school's varsity team is number 1 in New Jersey and that is the only thing we really care about here. Hopefully I will be on Varsity next year as I am only a freshman and our Varsity Goalies are both Seniors and there is only another goalie..a freshman so we will be continuing the tradition. We recently defeated Upper Canada College Prep School and if Canada wins Juniors...we won our USA vs. Canada Game.

GO USA!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I wont be watching nor caring....just in case you guys wanted to know.

I'll leave you alone now...

Good luck with your sticks, pucks, goals, and skates!

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
lilhellmaker17 said:
I will be watching! My high school's varsity team is number 1 in New Jersey and that is the only thing we really care about here. Hopefully I will be on Varsity next year as I am only a freshman and our Varsity Goalies are both Seniors and there is only another goalie..a freshman so we will be continuing the tradition. We recently defeated Upper Canada College Prep School and if Canada wins Juniors...we won our USA vs. Canada Game.

GO USA!

Thats cool to hear, also nice to know that there is another there is another goalie on shottalk. Was this some kind of tournament or ust an exhibition game? Either way, congratulations to your school, even if I would have been cheering against you guys.

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
This was an exhibition game. They ( Upper Canada College) were playing in a tournament this weekend and we played them on Friday...they came in expecting a blowout...overheard the coach...and we romped them 4-0.

Bishop Eustace Preparatory School Crusaders.

I've attached the state rankings as of 12/21.

Attachments

• rank122108.pdf
    33.8 KB · Views: 370
OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Well Canada is now finished all three of there pre tournament games, and appear to look pretty good, so long as they start well. In the last two games they came out really slow, granted in the game against Slovakia, it might have been expected, but when they picked it up, they appear to have a really good team this year.

I havent seen how the Americans have done against any signficant competiton, I know that they beat up on Latvia pretty good. From what I have heard though, they seem to be pretty strong.

It is promising to be a very good tournament, but I am going to have to give the edge to the Canadians given the home ice advantage will likely inspire them to play well.

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Big game tonight. Canada vs. USA. Should be the first real test for Canada in the tournament and has potential to be the best game of the tournament to date seeing as how the Sweden Russia game does not seem to be living up to its billing.

Anyone else going to be watching this game tonight?

Go Canada!!!!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
FYI, i will be getting drunk and eating pizza tonight...possibly getting arrested if i play my cards right. Probably not watching canada get its ass handed to it by the USOFA...:D

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
eclarke53520 said:
FYI, i will be getting drunk and eating pizza tonight...possibly getting arrested if i play my cards right. Probably not watching canada get its ass handed to it by the USOFA...

Getting drunk and eating pizza is always fun, not so sure about getting arrested though...

Keep telling yourself that we will get our ass handed to us, and I will keep thinking that Canada will hand the USA their ass :laugh:

Seriously though, really looking forward to this game, definitely shaping up to be a greap game for first place in the group

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
FYI, i will be getting drunk and eating pizza tonight...possibly getting arrested if i play my cards right. Probably not watching canada get its ass handed to it by the USOFA...:D

Canada kicked the us' ass. Noone cares what your going to go do with your gun loving self. This is a thread about the world juniors, if you have a reason to threadjack by all means thats what happens on this board. But if its to be annoying with your drivel, f*** off. Just because you dont care about hockey thats your choice, I dont give a shit about american football, but I dont go into those threads posting meaningless bullshit. Keep your shit to yourself.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
EXCUSE me...i didnt realize this was a restricted area of the internet for only non-gun loving golf and hockey gods like yourself...

Get a grip. Grow up....whatever you need to do to get over yourself.

ETA: Let me get this straight...its completely fine to threadjack and/or be completely off topic, but its absolutely NOT alright for me to stay ontopic but throw a jab at canada's hockey team?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Why don't we get back to the topic of the thread.

I should have been watching some of this, but haven't. Is Canada the strongest team at this point?

Also, I was curious. I watched some of the Detroit/Chicago game and they were saying it snowed enough to change the style of hockey played during the Junior's on Wednesday. What did it do?

OP
Dusty90

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
As much as I would like to say that Canada is the strongest team in the tournament, I think that it is really very close between Canada, USA and Sweden.

The game on New Years Eve was one of the best games that I have seen in a long time, after we were down 3-0 after 12 minutes I was beginning to think, Oh well we will beat them in the finals. Kudos to John Tavares for basically carrying the Canadian team on his back for the first period scoring two clutch goals within a minute of eachother.

Personally I hope that the US loses in either the quarters or the semis, not because I don't like them, but because I don't want another game being that scary. That being said though, if they do meet in the final, that could be an extremely good game.

What I think was meant by that comment, was that because the detroit chicago game was outside, the snow on the ice would slow the puck down making the game appear slower than the juniors, which is traditionally very fast paced hockey.

As I type this, USA is currently losing to Slovakia 3-1 and McCollum is really stinking it up.

PS. Piper, nice to see you here, I tbought that I was the only one watching this tournament.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I would love to see Canada and the us play again in the finals, itd be a great rematch. I havent seen much of the swedes as my time has been restricted so I've only caught a couple Canada games, but have seen every game since Kazakstan (sp?) and its been awesome. Tavares is absolutely amazing, hopefully Toronto bombs the season and picks him up on the draft, he will really help them rebuild. Imagine Tavares developing under Wilson??

eclark- go blow your hand off, then i wont have to read your bs in a thread about hockey. very clever caption on your name btw... right... Let me know when you actually have designed a hockey puck. I have two courses in BC that my name is under co-designer.

Members online

No members online now.