• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst Courses Played?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
nothing bad if you are trying

images

goodearth58

Feb 6, 2014
Little River Sc.
Country
United States United States
Worst for me was Falcon Golf Course at Otis Air Base On Cape cod. It sure was cheap but the fairway were more sand/dirt than grass and the greens weren't green but more like the fairways, try putting on sand!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Just as an aside...I've never tasted spam. Ever.

Also, Happy 3000th post TTR!!!!
You don't know what you're missing. Slice it and put it in and on top of homemade mac and cheese. Or fry it in a skillet and put it in a bun with mayo. It's really popular in Hawaii. They even have restaurants that serve it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
You don't know what you're missing. Slice it and put it in and on top of homemade mac and cheese. Or fry it in a skillet and put it in a bun with mayo. It's really popular in Hawaii. They even have restaurants that serve it.

There's restaurants that serve goat scrotum in Thailand...that doesn't mean it's good.

Rick R

Old school curmudgeon
Mar 18, 2014
Evans City, Pennsylvania
Country
My worst was in Charlottesville Va, McIntyre municipal park, a nine hole course. There is no clubhouse, just a cement block building with a slot to place your $5 in an envelope pulled from something like a mailbox, which also contains a scorecard. There's no diagrams for the layout and no markers at the tee boxes. So we teed up and took our shot at a seemingly nonexistant fairway that has been mowed by a regular lawn tractor. Distances? Just take a guess. The "greens" were sand, some soft and some hard dried crust. No.8 tee was down hill from No.7 green, so steep that it was hard to keep from sliding, even with spikes. My son and I laughed so hard over the crudeness that we didn't mind, as we watched a group of big, overweight guys totally skip No.8, saying "We ain't goin' down THERE!" Great laughs for $5!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
The course that I learned on should probably be in this thread. I can't say anything bad about it because it has sentimental value to me though.

Rick R

Old school curmudgeon
Mar 18, 2014
Evans City, Pennsylvania
Country
We've got one in the making just two miles from my home. It was an OK course, but they drilled for a gas well across the road from #1 fairway, then crossed over to run a pipeline, down #1 fairway, #2 and #3 fairway, then crossed over and somewhere through the rest of the course. It looks like 18 holes are now 9. No telling when the front 9 will be fit to play. We're overrun here with Marcellus shale drilling.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
We've got one in the making just two miles from my home. It was an OK course, but they drilled for a gas well across the road from #1 fairway, then crossed over to run a pipeline, down #1 fairway, #2 and #3 fairway, then crossed over and somewhere through the rest of the course. It looks like 18 holes are now 9. No telling when the front 9 will be fit to play. We're overrun here with Marcellus shale drilling.
That sucks

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Ask Warbirdlover about the course we played on in the mountains of NC when he lived out there. We had to wait to hit our 2nd shots on one hole, for a train to come through the middle of the course. I stepped off the fairway to hit my shot in what looked like wet grass. It was quicksand............and I was waist deep in mud. Finished the round, but we were laughing so hard, we couldn't hit the ball.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Q
Ask Warbirdlover about the course we played on in the mountains of NC when he lived out there. We had to wait to hit our 2nd shots on one hole, for a train to come through the middle of the course. I stepped off the fairway to hit my shot in what looked like wet grass. It was quicksand............and I was waist deep in mud. Finished the round, but we were laughing so hard, we couldn't hit the ball.
Quicksand is sketchy!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online