• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst shots by a Tour player

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
Greg Kraft chunk
Lorena Ochoa, 18th hole, 2005 US Open

At the 1998 Masters I saw Jose Maria Olazabal skank a low duck hook into the trees about 150 yards out on #11. If I had hit that shot I would have vomited.

I also seem to remember someone else almost chunking away a tournament around the time of Greg Kraft.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Saw Dave Stockton dribble one off the tee like a beginner maybe 40 yards (driver) in a big senior's tourney a couple years ago. I think he was in the lead. Totally dubbed it and then proceeded to make par on the hole. :D

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Ochoa's cold top hitting a wood out of a bunker yesterday on the last few holes.

As the old wise man says, "Wood in bunker, wood in head." :)

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
I think Van de Velde was more a bad decision than a bad shot. The US Open champ Cabrera had a 150 yard scuttle off the 17th in Wentworth a few weeks back

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Many years ago I saw Tom Kite hit a 30 yard "pure" shank once at the Irish Open, he just stood there for ages in total shock and disbelief. Kinda made me think that these guys aren't Gods.

Watching my mate Thomas Bjorn hit 3 or 4 drives in a row into the river at the 17th at the K Club was poor.

Clarkey's shank at Troon was special, especially on Slo Mo but....

....the winna MUST be the People's favorite hammer thrower Mark Calcavekia, who hit an outstanding shank on 17 at Kiawah Island in the Ryder Cup. Outstanding socket action in the middle of an agonising implosion of form down the stretch !!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Many years ago I saw Tom Kite hit a 30 yard "pure" shank once at the Irish Open, he just stood there for ages in total shock and disbelief. Kinda made me think that these guys aren't Gods.

Watching my mate Thomas Bjorn hit 3 or 4 drives in a row into the river at the 17th at the K Club was poor.

Clarkey's shank at Troon was special, especially on Slo Mo but....

....the winna MUST be the People's favorite hammer thrower Mark Calcavekia, who hit an outstanding shank on 17 at Kiawah Island in the Ryder Cup. Outstanding socket action in the middle of an agonising implosion of form down the stretch !!

That's the one I was trying to think of. I knew it was The Calc, but couldn't remember the tourney.

My vote is for the 2001 US Open at Southern Hills. Stewart Cink casually fans an 18-inch putt, believeing he has no chance to get into a playoff with Brooks, who three-putted the eighteenth, and Goosen, who himself missed a two-foot putt to seal the victory.

Cink's shot goes down as one of the worst ever, because he gave up.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
There is only ONE winner.............

The shanks and fluffs have happened to everyone,although Ochoa seems to have her fair share,and Van de Velde had never been in that position before,the pressure must have been enough to make anyones brain fry,and of course Norman has hit a few shockers,Doug Sanders had a horrid putt,etc etc etc etc,but................

1986,the Nicklaus Masters,or should we say,the one Seve threw away.

15th,big drive,only a 5 iron in and instead he took a four and hit it easy.................at least 60 yards left,a horrendous fat hooky chunk into the lake.

He just handed it to Jack

No qu

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I loved Paddy fluffing the ball out of the rough with a hybrid, cant remember if it was a US Open or a PGA Champ in the past couple years.

That shank by Clarke was terrible.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.