• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wrong club, you're fired...

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
You can't change, manipulate, bend or add clubs during a round, can you do that with a caddie? Robert Allenby, RBC Canadian Open. He said he won't play 2nd round - maybe better to post NR than to get DQ'd. I think the PGA might look at a discipline session.

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Maybe his caddie was the guy that beat him up and stole his credit card.
Or the caddie may have arranged it, he he! Read this
Okay, I don't think he did, but it looks like some people may have had reasons to 'arrange' such an incident.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
You can't change, manipulate, bend or add clubs during a round, can you do that with a caddie? Robert Allenby, RBC Canadian Open. He said he won't play 2nd round - maybe better to post NR than to get DQ'd. I think the PGA might look at a discipline session.

Tin Cup redux. Romeo storms off and McAvoy has to haul his own bag. Love it.

Last edited:

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

This is really a big deal, up here in Canada anyway. It's been all over the news past couple days. I don't know the entire story, but Allenby and his caddie had a really heated argument over club selection. Allenby apparently started calling his caddie overweight. Fired or quit I don't know but upon leaving his caddie was heard saying, "talk to me like that off the course."

Pretty bad situation overall and I could see why Mr Allenby would end up with his ass kicked!! I guess this isn't the first time he's been witnessed talking like this to people, he sounds like a real dick!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Makes me wonder about the whole mugging incident in Hawaii. Is it possible he mouthed off at the wrong guy in a bar and just plain got an ass-whoopin'?

Doesn't it though? Not that I would wish it on anyone, but it seems like a viable scenario now...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
What I'm about to say wouldn't have been reported in North America but about 5 years ago at the Australian PGA Championship, Geoff Ogilvy threatened to give Allenby a lesson in manners after Allenby had mouthed off. It was in the dining area at the resort where the event was being played. I understand Allenby didn't take up Ogilvy's offer and stormed off.

Last edited:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
What I'm about to say wouldn't have been reported in North America but about 5 years ago at the Australian PGA Championship, Geoff Ogilvy threatened to give Allenby a lesson in manners after Allenby had mouthed off. It was in the dining area at the resort where the event was being played. I understand Allenby didn't take up Ogilvy's offer and stormed off.

Ogilvy seems like a class act. I always wish him well even tho his game seems to have landed him in the 'middle' of the tours he plays. The evidence seems to indicate that Allenby just didn't have a proper "raising" as we say in the South.

🔥 Latest posts