1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTF - starting to hit it sideways!

Discussion in 'General Golf Talk' started by IrishGolfer, Jul 2, 2020.

1. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

I went to the range last night, primarily to try my new hybrid Cobra F9 19 degrees. I've been playing well for most of the year, my swing really starting to work. I had a lesson a few weeks ago, but it was mostly fine-tuning. And on Tuesday night my putting came alight! My confidence was rising, looking towards a few low rounds.

And then BAM! Last night I STUNK it up, like a pig in a poke. I couldn't string two shots together that went the same way. Tops, pull hooks, blocks. The more I tried (I got a second basket) the worse it got. I'm hoping it was just a bad day. Talk about a confidence sapper.

Golf, you are a soul stealer!!

2. TEA Time

TEA Time Grumpy Gilmore Staff Member Admin

United States United States
    Admin Post
    That happened to me during a tournament last year. I had zero feel, like it was the first time I'd ever played. I nearly gave the game up.

It happens.

3. ualtim

ualtim Carrollton, TX Supporting Member

Never get a second basket when you are not hitting it well...it just impregnates the bad swing into muscle memory.

TEA Time likes this.
  4. limpalong

limpalong Mental Ward Escapee Supporting Member

Our group is calling it a "mid season slump". All of a sudden, none of us are playing worth a hoot. I've heard more four-letter words in the past week than in the six months preceding. Sometimes, this frustrating game just decides it's time to take you to the end of your patience. But... it will come back.
    The "elder statesman" in our group turned 80 this past Monday. Carded a 75! Tuesday, he had a 91!!! It's been a long time since I've seen him anywhere close to 90. Checkers or shuffleboard look better every day!!!!