• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WTG Phil !!!!!!!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Way to go Lefty. Congrats on your 3rd green jacket.

Thanks to Freddie and Tom for showing us golf isn't just a young mans game.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Hells yeah. I got a little choked up seeing Phil and Amy after he won. I hope that's real. Real ballsy play from Lefty today. He went out and won the thing.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
piss me off putting that in you effing thread title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! I'M PVR'ING THAT AND WATCHING IT WITH MY g/f WHEN SHE GETS BACK FROM HER ROUND! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IGNORANT FUC

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
If not Tiger, I'm glad Phil got it done. Thank god it wasn't one of those limey brits.:biggrin:

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
piss me off putting that in you effing thread title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! I'M PVR'ING THAT AND WATCHING IT WITH MY g/f WHEN SHE GETS BACK FROM HER ROUND! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IGNORANT FUC

Wait until you see Phil's second on 13, totally knocks it stiff off the pine straw through the trees. Oh wait. Sorry.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The good guy won! One of the good guys won! Excellent golf. Freddy was in it up until about 14 or 15. Westwood stayed in it. (What a great interview from Westwood! A real gentleman!) I will watch another year of The Masters, if the Good Lord keeps me going until next April. Michelson's win kept the legacy of the tourney in tact.

The arrogant one did not win. The legacy of The Masters was not tarnished by a selfish insolent winning this prestigious tourney. The golfer who took time off from competition to be with his wife and mother, both diagnosed with breast cancer won. The golfer who took one event off, Bay Hill, to atone for wh**ing around on his wife and kids got his fanny handed to him. The post round interviewer asked when he would be back for another tourney. Woods replied he couldn't answer that. Could have said "I still have a lot of mending of relationships to do, due to the pathetic way I treated my wife and children. They were gracious enough to allow me to play in The Masters. I'll return to competitive golf, only when they feel it is in the best interest of our family." Instead, the entire post round interview was all about Tiger. The on-course tirades were all about Tiger. His return validated that he may be one of the fundamentally best golfers to ever play the game. But, that a person of his character will hold most of the records in this game will leave a stain on the game forever.

The good guy won!!! One of the good guys won!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
..... Instead, the entire post round interview was all about Tiger. ....

To be fair, the interview by the reporter was of Tiger and the questions were about Tiger. So, yes it was all about Tiger.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
What a great Masters.............IMHO one of the greatest of all time. Freddie, Anthony Kim, Phil and Westwood, up and down, Choi, fantastic shots.................emotional ending. WOW.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
One thing that tickled me was that nobody folded when Tiger made his little mini charge. Phil admitted yesterday that he was a leaderboard watcher. And as big as the ones at Augusta are, how could anyone not be? In the past, Phil, and most all of the other golfers would have folded when Tiger started rattling off birdies, but not today. Hopefully never again. The chinks in the armour have been exposed, he is only human after all. Are you listening Golf Channel?

Instead, today, Tiger was the one who came unraveled. Is he still one of the greatest golfers ever? Yes, but hopefully the days of his dominence are over. Now if we can just get the commentators to realize that fact, and that he isn't the only golfer the fans want to follow.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
Wait until you see Phil's second on 13, totally knocks it stiff off the pine straw through the trees. Oh wait. Sorry.

Saw that shot first hand, and it was amazing. I watched most of the final groups tee off the 9th and then caught them again sittin in the 14th stands.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
When the final round started I was thinking that Phil would win but was kinda pulling for Westwood and wanted to see what Tiger would do. As the round went on I really found myself pulling for Choi. His demeanor never changed until about the 13th or 14th hole when it went haywire for him. Still a great tourney and while Lefty may never win a US Open, i wouldn't be surprised to see him with 6 Green Jackets before all is said and done. He just plays that course so well and it fits him so well, I mean what had he done prior to that tourney? Great final round!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Limp, you're staining Phil's thread with your little rant. If it's intentionally ironic, I like it!

That said, WAY TO GO LEFTY!

Many of you know I don't like Phil much, but for his wife, for his mom, and for him, I'm really glad to see that he took it. Phil has turned a page too, he's no longer a huge choker. I still don't like the fellah, but he played a helluva final round.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Awesome victory! Glad I didn't hit any forums until I watched what I DVR'd, or I woulda been pissed too!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Great Masters tourney & happy for Phil. I'm so damn happy KJ Choi didn't win, for some reason I don't care for him. Would have been nice to see AK win it too. But truth be told, Tiger did hand this one away. He had ample opportunities & for whatever reason couldn't seal the deal. Where as Phil seized them all & played lights out. The 2nd shot on 13 where he decided not to lay up was ballsy as all hell.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Many of you know I don't like Phil much, but for his wife, for his mom, and for him, I'm really glad to see that he took it. Phil has turned a page too, he's no longer a huge choker. I still don't like the fellah, but he played a helluva final round.

The last "scene" when he went out to kiss his wife was just awesome. That was the moment you could say "he deserved it, and even if he didn't, he should have won anyway". What a beautiful loving scene. I couldn't think of anything but what would have been the case if Tiggy had won? Would we have seen him running to his wife and having the "family group hug" we saw Phil having? Maybe not...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online