• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wut ... no 2017 MLB thread?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
I almost read an article saying that baseball should be put on the clock. I agree 100%.
Yesterday my wife and I went to a sports bar. We sat down, ordered a beer, then she went to the restroom. By the time she got back, four pitches had been thrown. Four.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I love baseball, but c'mon man... four pitches in like 5 minutes? There should be a clock.
This is very difficult to believe, without plays or some outside delay, did it take 5 minutes to throw 4 pitches.

At that speed, since both starting pitchers usually throw in the neighborhood of 100 pitches, the first 7ish innings would take over 4 hours...which we all know isn't true.

I believe the minor leagues instituted pitch clocks and it saved on average like 12 minutes per game...Not worth it. IMO of course.

I could see limiting the number of visits to the mound...but even that isn't going to save you more than a couple minutes at max.

Why does everyone have to be in such a hurry to watch sports? This is leisure time...sit back, relax, and enjoy the game. Who cares if it takes 3 hours? If you can't watch it all...watch the news, read a paper, or look it up online. We have the information available.

OP
WWBDD

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Jays scratching their way up to .500.

OP
WWBDD

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Tulo and Donaldson are scheduled to come off the DL, but Jays have been playing great without them. o_O

OP
WWBDD

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Jays keep clawing their way up.

3 games out of WC.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Let's go Dbacks! clap, clap, clap clap clap.
During about a 500 miles drive, today, did catch one short piece of a sports show. Don't know who it was, but he did say Arizona would be in the World Series. Says they will walk over the Rockies, will have a tough time against the Dodgers, but will prevail.
I don't know one bloomin' thing about baseball. If the DBacks are your favorite team... GO DBACKS!!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts