• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

XGames extreme air goes seriously bad...

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Yeah, saw that last night on ESPN. Amazing how he walked off from that. Hope all is ok.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
It was on ESPN again this morning, and that overhead shot of him dropping is just incredible. Those kneepads must be a lot more advanced than I gave them credit for!

Took me back to the late 80s when me and my punk friends were all into the whole skateboarding lifestyle, regularly getting chased by the police, and spending all night cruising round the out-of-town supermarket car parks because they were floodlit and were still closed at night in those days. Considering all the competitive contact-sports I've been involved in, I think I saw my mates get more gory injuries out skating than anywhere else.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Stupid is as stupid does...
icon6.gif

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'm going to try and find a follow-up story because I just can't see how he didn't do any serious damage.

Edit: Only a slight concussion and he spent one night in hospital for precautionary reasons. Once again, the human body simply amazes me with how dynamic it is!

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
If you think about just how much adrenaline is pumping through those guys after he hits that first 720... It doesn't surprise me at all that he walked away from that.

Ive seen it in every sport, hits and crashes that should damn near kill us, they return 5 mins later back into the game.

I know I had a pretty bad crash back when I was doing downhill skiing, I was going about 90 km/h and hit a rut in the course and then my left ski clipped the gate I was going around, next thing I knew I was flying downhill on the ice spinning aroiund, pretty sure my ski was left behind, I ended up going through 4 different fences about 60ft further down from where it was I clipped the gate (there are always 5 fences spaced 4ft apart on the outsides), and went through the haybails after the 3rd set of fencing...

Of course I was back out skiing an hour later after the doc "cleared" me:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.